Please help with CodeAlarm problem

striker_29

Hope this is the right forum for this problem. When I bought my car it had a codealarm already on it, not sure what model. Well the alarm stopped responding to the remote so I couldnt disengage it and had to cut the wire to the speaker just to shut it up. Well apparently there is a kill switch involved because the starter would not engage at all. There is a toggle switch and reset button under the dash that i was able to play with and get the car started for a few days, but now that has stopped responding, and the starter will not engage at all. Turn the key and nothing happens, I'm stumped. Does anyone have any advice? This thing keeps killing my battery and I can start my car:mad: TIA...Mark

See if your battery to the remote is dead. Even if they light up, it can be weak enough for it not to respond. Usually you can pull the fuse to the alarm and it will disengage starter kill relay so you can start vehicle again.

Spent many years putting in Codes's. There are 2 white wires, one has a red stripe. They are the starter interupt wires. Pulling the fuse won't help. Good alarms still protect the car if power is cut from it. You will need to either find out what is wrong with the remote, etc. Or just unplug those 2 white wires and jumper them together.

Ok, well I replaced the battery in the remote and it seems to respond now, but my starter still wont engage. I think the alarm is fried, the indicator light on the dash keeps blinking like crazy, did get it to stop one time but no start. GNandTTA, these wires that you are refering to, where might they be located? Will they be the ones going to the reset switch or somewhere else? Thanks again for your help guys...Mark

If the light is blinking fast that means the alarm was tripped. Or the car battery was just reconnected. Pressing the arm/disarm button should either stop the blinking or make the red light double flash (meaning it is in valet mode). The starter interupt wires (white and white/red stripe) are 12g wires and can be found obviously at the alarm module. It is probably under the dash. Look for a heavy gauge purple wire under the dash right by the steering column. That is the GN's starter wire. It will be with a bunch of other heavy gauge wires. That is where the installer most likely cut (interupted) the starter wire and spliced in the white and white/red stripe wires.