Please help!!! Will I have enough race gas

malibu78

need some verification. I emptied my gas tank by pumping it through the fuel rail. Ran the pump unitl it sputtered for 1 minute. put 6 gallons of c-16 in the car. Is this enough gas to get 5-7 1/4mile runs out the car with out starving the car for fuel???? I am hoping to get 11.30's out of the car. Ran consistent 11.60's with alky want to see what the race gas will do. FP no higher that 47.

I think you should be fine as well, unless you were running injectors that spray like a garden hose with no nozzle. (IE: 95-160#ers)
I would start to keep an eye on the gas level on the 6th run tho, as I'm sure it will be getting low. I always try to keep at least 7 gallons of gas in the car when I race due to the sloshing effect of the gas on a hard launch. You should be fine, just carefully watch for no more than 3* of sustained knock retard on the big end on your last runs. If it goes higher, get off the gas and save it for another day.
HTH

Patrick

go for it

with a broken fuel gauge I have found myself lower than I thought I was and had no problems with one gallon in the car :eek: