Please help w/a ? & request....

81LimitedT

Hey Guys!
I've had a weird week. I have had my 81 Limited since Jan of '88, and I've only ever seen 2 others before this past Sunday. Mine and the others have all had missing plastic "chrome" along the leading and trailing edges of the fenders into the F/R bumpers (the only year limited to have this as far as I know in the 81-88 body style). I saw a really clean (for NE Pennsylvania) 81 Limited w/ 98K orig. miles FS. This car had ALL of it's original plastic trim on the fenders (a little worn & UV discolored, but there). REQUEST: Has anyone seen any of these cars being parted or in salvage yards? I've looked for 15 yrs for one, and only saw one in a yard. I really would like to complete this part of my car. My fronts are here but quite aged, and Both rear pieces that mount to the bumper fillers are missing. Any info would be appreciated.
QUESTION: The 81 Limited I saw was tan ext. w/ tan int., power seats, wind. & locks. It had no console, but did have a Guage Pkg w/fuel, speedo, temp & oil, no clock! The weirdest thing, and what puzzled me, was that the Int. was light Tan, yet the Dash & column was Dark Brown. I've never seen this odd combo of a different color dash from the rest of the int. except in a 2tone green 78 sport coupe w/ white vinyl & a green dash. Is this car correct as the restoration shop claims it is original, or was this switched? Just seems odd to me....

Mike
81 Limited, Silver over custom maroon, wanting the 80 turbo 3.8 to go in THIS decade...:D

Two tone interiors were common. Most of it was light, but the "Big 4" parts were darker - Dash, steering column, steering wheel and package tray.

I had to look at a brochure to see what chrome peices you were talking about. I don't remember ever seeing rocker panel extensions, but I see them now in the '81 brochure. They are gone on the Limited in the '82 brochure (the molding is between the wheels only). Looks like a one year only thing.