Please help running rich

87bluenational

I have a 87 gn stock block,crank, pistons, and heads. I just bought a pt6376
turbo and some 60/65lbs injectors. Before this i was running stock injectors and stock turbo with a 93 chip from poston. I just changed everything over and i am running extremly rich. It idles fine but as soon as you give it a little gas it want to die out but does not, or I have not let it die out and let off the gas. Fuel pressure is set as 43 as of last year and it has set for about 10 months. Any and all tips or thoughts would be greatful. Woodward is in a week and the buick guys are getting together wednesday. I would like to get down there if i can fix this problem. Thank you all.

I have a 87 gn stock block,crank, pistons, and heads. I just bought a pt6376
turbo and some 60/65lbs injectors. Before this i was running stock injectors and stock turbo with a 93 chip from poston. I just changed everything over and i am running extremly rich. It idles fine but as soon as you give it a little gas it want to die out but does not, or I have not let it die out and let off the gas. Fuel pressure is set as 43 as of last year and it has set for about 10 months. Any and all tips or thoughts would be greatful. Woodward is in a week and the buick guys are getting together wednesday. I would like to get down there if i can fix this problem. Thank you all.

Scantool numbers?? Have you talked to your chip person??

No, just got it running last night. Will have to call tomorrow. My pops and i have been kicking this around. He seems to think that it has nothing to do with the chips. I think other wise and think that the chip has to match with the injectors. With you asking me about talking to my chip guy does this mean that the car will run rich if the chip don't match with the injectors??

yes if you changed the injectors you have to get a chip burned for your setup. you cant go from stock to 60's and not change the chip. you have to get a chip burned for the 60's

yes if you changed the injectors you have to get a chip burned for your setup. you cant go from stock to 60's and not change the chip. you have to get a chip burned for the 60's

Yep .. 50% more fuel will do it everytime :tongue:

Yeah, pretty much obvious that when you purchase a set of injectors that the chip has to be calibrated to the injectors to keep the cars tune correct.

Check my signature for a chip, you will NOT be dissapointed in buying one of Erics chips for these cars.

If you add methanol to it later, you will need a upgrade on the chip so the timing and fueling is correct.

BW

Hey guys just got done eating diner. Thanks for all the help. Sounds pretty obvious that i need to get a chip to match those injectors. I will call Eric from turbo tweak and see if i can't get one by wednesday. Thank you all for the help!!!!!!

thats what where here for. the car will run like a champ as soon as you get the correct chip.