Play Guitar

Junior Samples

Walk Away
How many times has this been run through?

im, prolly forgetting someone, they dont have to be the fastest just my favorite at arrangement, melody blah blah

1. Andre Segovia
2. Jimi
3. tag team Dickey Betts and Duane Allman, The first duo lead
4. Clapton
5. Jimmy P
6. Tony Iomi
7. Robin Trower
8. tag team of KK Downing and Glenn Tipton {Priest}
9. Robert Fripp {King Crimson}
10. Alex Lifeson
11 tag team of Dave Murray and Adrian Smith {Maiden}
12. tag team of Jeff Hanneman and Kerry King {Slayer}
13. tag team of Andy Powell and Ted Turner. {wishbone ash}
14. Richie Blackmore
15. Steve Gaines
Wow I could go on and on, Mick Box from Uriah Heep, Martin Barre from Jethro Tull

where does it end!?

Is this open to all genres or just rock?

Brian Setzer anyone?

What about bassists? (Since I do play, although drums are my primary..)

Les Claypool... (Primus) Tom Morello (RATM)

It changes, but right now if I could play like anyone it would be Frank Marino.

Others I really like who haven't already been mentioned:

Steve Morse

Brian May

Slash

David Gilmour

It changes, but right now if I could play like anyone it would be Frank Marino.

Others I really like who haven't already been mentioned:

Steve Morse

Brian May

Slash

David Gilmour

Wow Frank Marino from Mahogany Rush!...theres a name almost lost

Some of my favs, no particular order:
Jeff Beck, Steve Vai alias Jack Butler, Ying Yang Malmsteen, Joe Satriani
Randy Rhoads, Jake Lee, Zack Wylde, Dudes from Queensryche, Paul Gilbert (racer X & Mr. Big), Jeff Healey (unfortunately passed away 2 weeks ago) Rithie Blackmore, Tony Macalpine, Angus Young, Billy Duffe (cult), Ry Cooder,
George Lynch (rockin with Dokken) Malcom Young, Billy Sheehan, Chet Atkins,
Roy Clark, Steely Dan (Donald Fagen), and it goes on

Steve Vai,Yngwie Malmsteen?:rolleyes:

yeah both kinda on my list, both great but it seems they tried to go commercial and it went south, Yngwie Palmstain is absolutely fantastic as well as Satriani and Vai

Guess we could go on and on...NOW Drums!

Keith Moon gets my vote then Neil P, Seen Buddy Rich along time ago though

Some of my favs, no particular order:
Jeff Beck, Steve Vai alias Jack Butler, Ying Yang Malmsteen, Joe Satriani
Randy Rhoads, Jake Lee, Zack Wylde, Dudes from Queensryche, Paul Gilbert (racer X & Mr. Big), Jeff Healey (unfortunately passed away 2 weeks ago) Rithie Blackmore, Tony Macalpine, Angus Young, Billy Duffe (cult), Ry Cooder,
George Lynch (rockin with Dokken) Malcom Young, Billy Sheehan, Chet Atkins,
Roy Clark, Steely Dan (Donald Fagen), and it goes on

Yeah Paul Gilbert...Racer X..wow we got class in here

quick little story of a friend of mine..

He won some radio contest.....1 hr lesson with Zack Wylde
Anyway My friend is classically trained... you just couldnt fathom what this guy plays with words..

Anyway he was in room and Zack came in and Art played him like a fiddle for about 2 mins, Zack was like oh brother what did i get myself into...Art was like ummm duh whats this string...LOL...Zack was like...errrr ok this is an E cord

After 2 mins Art showed him a few things and they had a great time.

John & Jason Bonham, Neil Pert, Buddy Rich,Vinnie Paul,I have been playing the drums since 6 years old and never get tired of the famous off beats from the Bonhams:cool:

Man, I was gonna start my own drummer thread, but oh well...

Bonham, Peart, Rich, of course..

But, Louie Bellson... kinda invented the whole double bass idea. People thought he was crazy to have two, but look at rock music now.
Theres so many. I've been playing almost 20 years now. I pull ideas from everyone, and some guys just don't get respect. I gotta say Lars, maybe not technically the greatest, but fast..oh yeah.
Carter Beauford. Hasn't anyone seen this guy play? (DMB, Dave Mathews Band?) Absolute genius. The stuff he plays I can't dream of, its so unconventional.
Tim "Herb" Alexander, Dennis Chambers, Dave Grohl, Keith Moon, Peter Criss (saw KISS live..what a show!) Kenny Aronoff, Billy Cobham, Tico Torres, Ed Shaugnessy, Gene Krupa, Alex Acuna, Ron Welty, Xavier Muriel, Billy Hart, Aaron Comess (Spin Doctors.. pretty much took me off the classical drums and put me behind a kit).

I actually attended a clinic from a great unknown. Jim Chapin. He was an early pioneer, and could play circles around anyone half his age speed-wise. He was playing drums before some of the old timers here were born. He was a behind the scenes guy, writing method books, doing studio work. Unreal guy, great drummer. Glad I had the chance to meet him and learn some things from him.

Can't leave out one of the unheard classics, Evelyn Glennie. Amazing performer, can play anything, has made her own instruments, puts on amazing concerts, so good, yet you would never know she was completely deaf. Yes, deaf. As far as I'm concerned, what she has accomplished with that handicap is just as amazing as anything Peart, Krupa, or just about Rich has done. If you are scratching your collective heads, and the name doesn't ring a bell, do yourself a favor and google her.