Plastic Wheel well painting?

VtheGNMan

I will have my plastic inner fenders/wheel wells out for a restoration and was wondering what is a good paint or what can be done to make them look nice and hold up? What have you guys done with them?

My nephew used a red scotch bright pad for sanding then applied a flex agent and then painted them Satin Black. All the material was from the body shop he works at. If need be I could ask him the brand of paint

Sanding and painting is not a problem , getting to right look is.The next problem is the oils and such have soaked into them as well since they had no paint on them such as bumper fillers and actually the header panels which are the same material .

I'd think that there's a mold release used when they were made. If they aren't "hospital clean, the paint won't stay.

SEM has plastic paints as well as mold release removers and plastic cleaners that work really well. I have used them many many times with great success. I did the interior plastics on my 89 Mustang when I swapped it to black and 9 years later when I sold it they still looked great. I believe the color was Landau Black which would approximate the original patina of the black wheel wells/liners on a Buick. I plan on shooting mine with the stuff as well.

cabin and body plastics vs engine compartment plastics. i am not an egg-spert but i wouldn't call that an oranges to oranges comparison.

Something to consider is the paint and its heat exposure on the passenger side by the DP.