Plane crashes in Ft. Lauderdale FL. parking lot

toofastforyou

2FAST4U
I'm in Florida right now for a one month vacation and not far from where I'm staying, a small Piper aircraft crashed into a parking lot yesterday, killing all three on board and setting more than 10 cars on fire! :eek: It crashed near Commercial Blvd. and Powerline Rd. and luckily, aside from the plane's passengers, no one else got hurt...

see link below

Claude.

I drove by the crash site yesterday and it is behind the building (an adult video store) and nothing much is visible from the street...All I could see is the back of the building which is blackened and a few burned out cars. I wasn't able to get any closer as the whole area was sealed off by the police so they could do their investigation.
The location is on the west side of Powerline, about a block north of Commercial...

Claude.

P.S:...who's ''Jeff Roddick''...

Claude jeffs my buddy that works on alot of the gn,s in the area. shop #954 946 4043 great guy.

awww very sad... do u know if there were roads, or fields in the area he was aiming for? it would suck even more if there was a field right behind the building and he missed it by a few 100ft..

god bless them

Claude jeffs my buddy that works on alot of the gn,s in the area. shop #954 946 4043 great guy.
Oh...ok good to know, thanks. ;)
and

awww very sad... do u know if there were roads, or fields in the area he was aiming for? it would suck even more if there was a field right behind the building and he missed it by a few 100ft..

god bless them
Unfortunately, there were no fields in the area. I just saw a video in which a firefighter was saying that it looks as if the pilot actually aimed at the parking lot in a last effort to avoid hitting buildings and do the least damage (or deaths) as possible.
Like you said, God bless them...they fought 'till the end...

Claude. :(