PL + Scanmaster+TT 5.7 Alky Chip + MAF Translator?

Superrmario

Hey fellas...

Just trying to gain some information on this setup as I am getting conflicting info from different reading.

Currently I am anticipating my engine getting back to me soon after a full rebuild.

Currently the car has a Scanmaster 2.1 and TT 5.7 Alky Chip. In the interim, I purchased a powerlogger as well.
What I am trying to figure out is what version TT chip works with the powerlogger so I make and save parameters to the chip via my laptop? What I am trying to alleviate is the need to the pedal dance.

I see some people saying that I need v6.1 yet I see others stating that the newer v5.7 chips will work.

Also, on TT's website, v6.1 will allow you slave a wideband to it. Is this capable on v5.7 as well?

What I am getting at is per my mod list below, will everything work correctly and I am taking advantage of the 4 devices full potential?

5.7 and 6.1 work with powerlogger. You need a PL 3.0 flash file though, that you can download from FTSS

6.1 is the WB feedback chip. 5.7 is not

5.7 and 6.1 work with powerlogger. You need a PL 3.0 flash file though, that you can download from FTSS

6.1 is the WB feedback chip. 5.7 is not

Okay. .. The PL I ordered is currently on backorder so I assume the are being made and possibly may be coming with the latest firmware. Is this what 3.0 is?

Also, after I make a tune in the chip, this will be saved to the chip permanently unless I kill power to the ECM correct? I can save the world tune to the Laptop for later upload?

Sorry for the newb questions, but I don't have any current instructions, and never used this setup.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

When you make adjustments with the user parameters, it is saved into the ECM's memory, but will be lost if you disconnect power to the ECM. There is no way to save the tune with that chip. There are only 4 parameters in the 5.7 chip, so write them down if you changed them. These are only small tweaks you can make to wot fuel and timing, its not really a whole "tune". Most people never even change the parameters, and just use the chip on the default settings.

Regards,
Eric

When you make adjustments with the user parameters, it is saved into the ECM's memory, but will be lost if you disconnect power to the ECM. There is no way to save the tune with that chip. There are only 4 parameters in the 5.7 chip, so write them down if you changed them. These are only small tweaks you can make to wot fuel and timing, its not really a whole "tune". Most people never even change the parameters, and just use the chip on the default settings.

Regards,
Eric

Thx Eric.. I really appreciate it.

Is there anyway I can get in touch with you via phone?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk