PL logfile - Am I Ready for Alky?

Grimster

Grumpy Redneck
Here is today's logfile: http://www.grimster.org/LogFile.dat

I hooked up the laptop and did some test logging today, also hooked up a fuel pressure gauge it reads 43 with the hose off, and taping the gauge to the windshield and running up and down the road it looks like it goes up 1:1 with boost,it was reading a pretty flat 50 psi at 10psi boost, it reads about 38 with the hose on and just idling.

Mods: 60# injectors ordered with a TT 91 octane chip, 3" Impala MAF + Translator, 3 bar map sensor, TE44, as you can see in the logfile it tops out around 15psi and is using the wastegate with an adjustable arm, hotwire kit, new Walbro (forget if it's 307 or 340), supposedly has an upgraded stall and shift kit, and 3" exhaust.

The FPR is not upgraded yet, is this pretty much a must upgrade too?

Any other changes I should do before looking at Alky? I hear people talking about O2's a lot, how do mine look?

As always all help and advice is mucho appreciated!

It would help if you listed what maf, chip and map sensor you are using. If someone views your logfile they have to manually change the settings in powerlogger to match what equipment you have i.e. 255, 512 gps

(Going off the wot run at 300 seconds)First thing I see is that your tps reads low at wot, depending on your chip that may affect your wot fuel. Your narrowband O2 seems a little low but that could be the sensor or other things. Trans seems to shift out of 1st early but could be in range with a stock govenor.

Get the tps set properly, make another run. No knock, switch on the alky and start raising the boost a couple of psi at a time.

Depending on chip an adjustable regulator isn't as critical to tuning as it was 5 or so years ago. A TT or extender chip allows fuel tweaking via the ecm to get blms in spec.

Mike

Good point! Forgot about the 3 bar map and TT chip and MAFT and 3" Impala MAF. I edited my post to reflect that.

I'll check the tps with the Scanmaster see what's up with it, I checked it a few months ago and it was calibrated pretty well, but looking at the logs it does look as if the wot is a bit low. I'll check it out.

Floor mat :) Went out and pressed to the floor and could barely get a 4.0 on the TPS, moved the floor mat back, and got a steady 4.34.

Something I was noticing on the logfile, it never shows the TCC Locked checked anywhere in the log (that I saw) shouldn't it be locking at some point?

Also at 304 thru 309 seconds in the log it goes from 1 to 4 knock counts, no retard on the graph, is that a warning sign the knock counts or not?

Looks like your part throttle TCC occurs at 60 mph, see frame 4018. WOT TCC lockup I didn't see, but it may or may not be programmed in your chip or it may be a user setting (not familiar with TT chips).

I believe knock count has to do with how the ecm polls the knock sensor and the algorythm used, but I just look at like this if the knock count increases without retarding the timing then the knock sensor detected some activity but it didn't cross the threshold to cause spark retard.

Mike