Pistons?

Turbo6Smackdown

Im not sure if this, or the stage area is the best place to ask, so I'll just come here first. Is there any one brand of piston, that is clearly regarded as the toughest piston around for our 109's? Or are all the good ones good. And, if this piston is really heavy, is that only for stage motors, or can us normal guys use them.

Diamond and JE are mentioned a bunch here for lightweight pistons, but will really lighten your wallet, too. Awesome works of art if you've ever seen them and very strong!

Stock pistons are heavy (obviously), but cheap and will hold up to moderate horse applications.

I'm running the TRW's, strong but still heavy, and not so brutal on the wallet.

There are other brands. Pick your poison.

Wiseco Pro Tru's here. They are very nice and lighter than the factory ones. Just stay away from hypereutectic ones and stick with forged.

Probe Forged pistons

Any members here use or have used Probe SRS forged 3.8 Buick pistons ? I see them on Ebay from time to time and are reasonably priced.

I have Speed Pro forged in this motor but I used stockers into the mids 10's before.

Wiseco Pro Tru's here. They are very nice and lighter than the factory ones. Just stay away from hypereutectic ones and stick with forged.

X2 right here:D

does anyone know the weights of the JE's? my wiseco's were about 541.xish i think.

nevermind just looked them up... 542grams for .030 bore:)

JEs are really tough

Lifted the heads twice and the pistons look great both times and are still going strong. Highly recommended.

So 'no' to the first half of my 1st question, and 'yes' to the second half of the 1st. Cool, so I have more choice then. Thanks :)