pinks

:D or an RX7

we left at 10:30 I think. I don't even remember. Somone poo'd all the way down the track AGAIN. We had enough at that point. Anyone staty late?

A tech. I work with is a big bracket racer @ moroso and gave me the low down...

They ended up picking a 11.0 bracket and sent everyone home that was faster then that around 12:30-1 o-clock. :eek: Then within the second round of eliminations(final 8), one of the vehicles blew the motor and puke oil and metal all over the track. They cleaned that up and @ around 3 am, the final four was established. At that point the race was called based on poor track conditions(dew, condisation, oil,etc)-safety. They said the top end of the track was in dangerous shape, and the cold was not helping either. 3 of the racers agreed to split the pot, one wanted to continue to race, so he was awarded the tool box(tie braker)...

IMHO...poorly organized idea to run that many cars in such a little window of time..and not account for breakage, etc...combine that with moroso, and their clean clew that is painfully slow..and you get ... :mad:

Exactly what he said , guess my " all out " was too fast for what they wanted , still had a good time racing , watching some fast cars go down the track and meeting and talking to racers.

i was there all the way 2 the end 2 of my friends were in the top 16. they clean up crew worked there asses off. the 16 year old with the camaro had no fear and wanted 2 go for it but it was 2 late and there was 2 much dew on the track. either way i had a blast and thought it was fun. coolest part was watching the nova hitting bumper and taking all 4 wheels of the track:biggrin:

Went down on Saturday at 3:00. Finally got teched in around 8:00 that night. Was only able to make one pass on Saturday night. We ended up being car number 173. Made our first pass Sunday around 2. Second pass was made around 8:15. First pass was a 10.60 with a strong headwind blowing the car all over the track. They didn't give a time for our second run. Ended up pulling a bolt out of the rocker shaft so we loaded up and went home. It was too cold to stick around.

Had a good time. But is there were too much downtime. It seemed like every two to three passes someone oiled the track. Looks like we weren't in the right bracket anyways to get in.

Went down on Saturday at 3:00. Finally got teched in around 8:00 that night. Was only able to make one pass on Saturday night. We ended up being car number 173. Made our first pass Sunday around 2. Second pass was made around 8:15. First pass was a 10.60 with a strong headwind blowing the car all over the track. They didn't give a time for our second run. Ended up pulling a bolt out of the rocker shaft so we loaded up and went home. It was too cold to stick around.

Had a good time. But is there were too much downtime. It seemed like every two to three passes someone oiled the track. Looks like we weren't in the right bracket anyways to get in.

I got a few pics of your car in the pits I will post up tomorrow... We didn't even get to see your car run Wayne and I couldn't find it in the pits:confused: After the first two oil downs and the white Mustang hit the wall we called it a night around 8:00 and figured it would go until the wee morning hours...

We didn't get our second pass until after 8:00. The track was hooking great. Would have loved to see the 60 foot time on that pass. We just changed the gears back to the 3.42, so we had to play with the launch. Finally got it right on the last pass. We were hoping for a 10.50 class and tried to run right on that number. Guess we should have slowed it down.

Even with the down time it was a fun event. Would probably do it again if they came back.

I was pitted on the west side of the track a few yards from the main entrance , right next to " Elvis " the wheel stander :D

sorry we missed you lamb and wayne.

We had nine in our group. I saw Eddie who said he was with two other guys. I saw Jeff, Jason, hambone and a few others.

I got a pic of the tow truck towing the broken down tractor off the track...classic...I will post later...

Few pics I took before we left...

Here is Lamb's GN in the pit area and an orange Regal that at first glance from about 300' away I thought was Jack Cotton's...

Attachments

• lamb1.JPG
    lamb1.JPG
    87 KB · Views: 167
  • lamb2.JPG
    lamb2.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 170
  • orange regal1.JPG
    orange regal1.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 168
  • orange regal2.JPG
    orange regal2.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 168
I'm sure some of you saw the Purple Chevy II with the sick looking twin turbo SBC... Really nice car with top notch fabrication, but honestly don't see why he would bring it to an event that is supposed to be for street driven type vehicles:confused: In any event it was nice eye candy:cool:

Attachments

• purple1.JPG
    purple1.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 166
  • purple2.JPG
    purple2.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 164
  • purple3.JPG
    purple3.JPG
    53.8 KB · Views: 163
  • purple4.JPG
    purple4.JPG
    69.6 KB · Views: 165
Last but not least a really clean red 1st gen Camaro that I fell in love with:cool: I even named her Rose:D ;)

Attachments

• red camaro.JPG
    red camaro.JPG
    62 KB · Views: 163
Steve...

I just knew you would get some pic's of that 59 Impala, black w red interior, 427 rat, pro-charged w a double shot... Pro-Street, SWEEEEETT car!!!!!!

Was Joe's turbo 911 still there?
Real nice car, super build, they gave him he!! for running toooooo quick without the proper safety equipment.

I don't know how I missed the Chevy 2, nice looking car.