Pics Of The Money Pit

NOKA72

HEY WHATS UP GUYS...BEEN A LITTLE BUSY SO THE CAR HAD TOO WAIT BUT I BEEN WORKING ON IT AND MAYBE I WILL GET IT RUNNING SOON....I TOLD HERB(TURBOREGAL84) I WOULD SHOW HIM SOME PICS SO HERE ARE A FEW AND I WILL PUT MORE AS I GO ALONG...THE IDEA OF GOING INTERCOOLED IS GOING TOO HAVE TO WAIT SO IM GONNA TAKE THE MOTOR FOR RINGS AND BEARINGS SOON AND NEED TO PICK A CAM SINCE MINE HAS A WIPED LOBE IWAS THINKING OF THE 107 KIT FROM POSTONS WHAT DO YOU THINK......SO NOW AS I GO ALONG YOU WILL BE HEARING FROM ME MORE OFTEN....HERES THE LINK TO THE PICS..LATER GUYS
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1594517&a=12145293

I have heard of the Poston cams wipping out. A 200/200 Lunati, or 206/206 comp would be good. Use GM lifters and nothing else. If you have extra$ laying around, go with a 206/206 billet roller. The roller's quick ramp times are worth around 30 more hp.

Originally posted by hotair85t-type
I have heard of the Poston cams wipping out.

Who has had one wiped out? Postons told me they have had no failures.I am running one and I only got 2000 miles on it,I have not seen anyone here with any problems that I can recall.I don't hear anything and it runs pretty strong.Anyone else running one of these?

I don't know anyone with one, but have heard from people who know people that have them. All I trust are the 206 and 200. Anything over 206 isn't needed on any street engine. I don't know why people like to cam and rev these engines like SBC's. If you used GM lifters, you will probably be fine, it will probably be fine anyway. Who knows what these people did to wipe them.