Pics of Spearco intercooler kit

WFO

Habitual Line-Stepper
Once again, I'm selling these parts but I figured I would make another informational post with the pics.:rolleyes:

Attachments

• ic1.jpg
    ic1.jpg
    86.5 KB · Views: 450
  • ic2.jpg
    ic2.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 455
  • ic3.jpg
    ic3.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 465
  • ic4.jpg
    ic4.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 438
  • ic5.jpg
    ic5.jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 439
More...

Attachments

• ic6.jpg
    ic6.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 445
  • ic7.jpg
    ic7.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 434
  • ic8.jpg
    ic8.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 445
  • ic9.jpg
    ic9.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 431
  • ic10.jpg
    ic10.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 419
More.

Attachments

• ic11.jpg
    ic11.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 446
  • ic12.jpg
    ic12.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 403
  • ic13.jpg
    ic13.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 420
In those last pics you can see the alky nozzle hole right before the elbow adapter to go into the intake.

The adapter has a viton o-ring.

The step hoses for the turbo and intercooler are blue silicone from Innovate.

The rest of the hoses are blue silicone from a local shop.

All clamps are Clampco T-bolt clamps.

Now it's time to reckonize my mad paint skillz:D:rolleyes:

My plan was to put a billet inlet bell on the turbo and bolt the intake pipe to that.

Then cut the pipe that goes behind the master cylinder and run it straight over by the valve cover. Swing the throttle body over by the valve cover and adapt it to the pipe with an adapter hose. Bolt another billet inlet bell to the back of the throttle body and cut the rest of the pipe as needed to meet up with the back of the intake.

Sounds harder than it is if you have access to a band saw and a decent welder.

Attachments

• ic10m.jpg
    ic10m.jpg
    74.4 KB · Views: 437
Actually, come to think of it the bell would be on the inlet side of the throttle body cuz you could pull it off the turbo and swing it around so the outlet would now be the inlet with the billet bell bolted to it.

Here, I walked out to the shop in the dumping ass rain for you bastards:D.

Attachments

• ic14.jpg
    ic14.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 415
  • ic15.jpg
    ic15.jpg
    64.7 KB · Views: 410
  • ic16.jpg
    ic16.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 418
  • ic17.jpg
    ic17.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 439
  • ic18.jpg
    ic18.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 425
Nope.

Never had problems with it idling bad either.

Had a Bob Bailey chip and a 16 Pos. Maxeffort and if you set them up like you're supposed to it idles just fine and spools up quick.

so i drove my buick one time before i ripped the motor apart but it was driving on 4 cylinders because 1 and 4 had melted pistons but anyways it was still able to spin the tires a little bit:eek: and the turbo sounded nice and then all of a suddon the car sounded like a little kid screaming like death:confused: what would cause that lol?

Bout all I can think of is the turbo lost it's bearings and the wheels were eating the housing?:confused:

Bout all I can think of is the turbo lost it's bearings and the wheels were eating the housing?:confused:

+1

sounds like it was a bad idea to be driving on 2 bad cylinders..... probably flooded the turbine with a ton of piston crap.

A.j.

Here is another way to mount the TB. I tried the bell housings but kept blowing off hoses. This set up is bullet proof.

Attachments

• gn1 (2).jpg
    gn1 (2).jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 331
Well there ya go:D.

Do your stock throttle/TV cables reach over to the new location?

How does it run?

Looks like you've got some serious parts there.

Runs fantastic after much tweaking. Had to run new cables, Kick down from Locar and then I used a throttle cable from a 92 camaro, which was purchased at autozone. I also welded a 3" 90 degree elbow to the intake. This replaced the spearco adaptor, which I blew right off the manifold during a run.

+1

sounds like it was a bad idea to be driving on 2 bad cylinders..... probably flooded the turbine with a ton of piston crap.

A.j.

when i bought the car it didnt even run and it was sitting for 7 years or so i ended up putting a fuel pump in it and got it running so i just drove it around the block i knew it needed a rebuild once it started so thats why i didnt a hot lap around work;) who ever had it before me overheated number 1 and 4 i think or maybe 2 3 i dont anyways dang money pit i wish i had it going by now.. lol