Pics of Broken GN

chris96z

Well, as you can see this was not a good day for me! I believe the crank let go, threw the pistons out of the pan and broke tranny bellhousing. Just thought I would share these with everyone. Does anyone know where I can find a eng/trans combo in phoenix area?

Attachments

• 100_6466.jpg
    100_6466.jpg
    66 KB · Views: 945
Thanks nordy, you know the part that hurt the most was the flash oil fire at 100+ coming from the gas tank area, I thought for sure i was going burn up in that thing, scared the heck out of me. The sight of flames in your rear view make you OH S### really fast.

wow so whats the stury behind it where you racing it? too mutch nock? that looks real bad :eek:

Yep second run. had the car for about a year and this was the first time running it. I had my wife and kids watching me from the stands. Had a tranny problem a while back, other than that, the car has always ran well. Car has ta49, 009 inj adj fuel reg, running 12lbs boost when it happened. 70,000 mile car with no other mods....

Yep KB eveything else is I beleive stock. I never opened the engine up. Wish i would though when i picked it up!

Yep KB eveything else is I beleive stock. I never opened the engine up. Wish i would though when i picked it up!

Seems like some stock cranks will go forever, some are not so lucky.

Good luck to you. Looks like it's time for a new build featuring a forged crank.

wow only 12psi do you have a scan tool?was it knocking?what fuel pump do you have and is it hot wired? just trying to avoid problems in the future also what are you looking for some thing built or something you can build on iam in cali and i might have something you can use

Word of advice..

BE SURE, to tell the wife, this DOES NOT HAPPEN EVERY TIME.
its a rare occurrance.
then make sure thats the truth! LOL;)

Well, the car set for 3 years without being ran before i bought it, so maybe that had something to do wit it! It has the hot wire kit and walbro 255 pump in the tank, boost and 02 guage. no knock, felt and sounded good all the way through, so not to sure what happened. 1986tr let me know what you got cause I am already dreaming of how to make it better than before.

I'd be checking to make sure it really was a turbo crank if you don't know the history...

That's a lot of damage for a mostly stock setup.

yup! that is a bad day. Sorry to hear that.Time to go forged and roller$$$$:eek: good luck

Thanks all, but i guess there is no need to worry about the history of the parts, there is a saying " You either go hard or stay your ass at home" that comes to mind!!!!