pics of 17x7s with 4" BS?

JDSfastGN

I am thinking of selling my front 17x8 with 4" BS TT2s for 17x7s. I would like to lower the car a bit more than it is and at the same time reduce the rubbing. The 17x8s were fine before the ls1 brakes but now they stick out a bit further. So does anybody have pics of their 17x7s? Im curious how they will look. Thanks guys.

just get 17x8s w/ more back spacing, and keep the same tires. thats my advice. they should clear all day long, what size front tire are you currently running, and what would you run on a 7"?

just get 17x8s w/ more back spacing, and keep the same tires. thats my advice. they should clear all day long, what size front tire are you currently running, and what would you run on a 7"?

If i go 17x8 with 4.5" BS im pretty sure its gonna rub on full lock. Also a 17x7 with 4" BS is a common wheel and won't have to be made custom order. Right now im running a 17x8 4" BS and 245/45/17s. I plan on 235s probably. The car is pretty low with coilovers up front, but i would like to be this low without worrying about scrubbing on dips with passengers in the car etc.... Cutting the fenders really isn't an option.

here is a pic of the height.
Picture105.jpg

Picture112-1.jpg

In my opinion, with as low as you are running the car, I would spend the money and re-do the front suspension. Our cars have horrible front end geometery. When your suspension loads, the wheel pretty much goes straight up in the fender creating bump steer. You want the wheel to rotate inward and lean into the curve, which means as the suspension loads, the top of the wheel moves inward towards the motor, creating more clearence for your wheels. An easy fix would be going with Howe's ball joint from ATS and a Moog 5658 spring. Springs will run you $60 from the parts store and the BJ's will run about $100. Get rid of the coil overs and have some oney left over when you sell them. just get good shocks. you will not be as low as you are with your current set up but you can achieve that height by trimming the spring a little!!

In my opinion, with as low as you are running the car, I would spend the money and re-do the front suspension. Our cars have horrible front end geometery. When your suspension loads, the wheel pretty much goes straight up in the fender creating bump steer. You want the wheel to rotate inward and lean into the curve, which means as the suspension loads, the top of the wheel moves inward towards the motor, creating more clearence for your wheels. An easy fix would be going with Howe's ball joint from ATS and a Moog 5658 spring. Springs will run you $60 from the parts store and the BJ's will run about $100. Get rid of the coil overs and have some oney left over when you sell them. just get good shocks. you will not be as low as you are with your current set up but you can achieve that height by trimming the spring a little!!

The suspension just got redone... there would be no gain at taking away my brand new coilovers? I should have stated i already have the Howe lower ball joints. The suspension is awesome but the wheels just stick out too far. Ive decided 17x7s is the way to go for sure. thanks guys. I also have the front end aligned to the specs given via Savitske. I also have the Zq8 blazer bump stops and they helped a bit but not enough to prevent the scrubbing.