Picking some brains here!

scrobbyd

I have recently install a TV with a ceiling mount bracket for my outdoor viewing pleaser. Now I'm looking for an easier method of concealing my TV without the use of a ladder, pulleys or ropes to tuck it back high and tight and out of the weather. I've come up with a couple of ideas but I'd like to pick some of your brains to see if y'all can come up with a better idea. The photo I'm posting is of my bracket tied up with Ty-wire and a hook in my ceiling. Basically I'm looking for a way to lower it 90 degrees but more to raise it back to its position in the photo. I don't mind doing it electrically but honesty my mind is just gone blank on something that seems so simple. Thanks for any ideas y'all can muster up!
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1380181875.337336.jpg

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

It the above the ceiling area accessible or is there no room or attic above?
My brother rigged up a pulley system and winch in his attic to raise and lower the hard roof of his jeep. Over kill for your purpose but a little winch and cable could surely raise n lower it.

They make electric pulley rigs to lift basketball backboards out of the way. May be overkill if you can't find a light duty one. How about a very cheap electric winch from Harbor Freight?

Mikey

Funny, both ideas are what I'd been thinking about but like y'all said kind of an overkill. Biggest issue with the winch in the attic would be getting the push button switch back out of the attic and mounting it so it doesn't look tacky. Also I've been thinking of a pneumatic door closer kind of reverse of our hood shocks. Just not sure if I can find one strong enough to pull it up even I used two. I'd say its about a 30 to 40 lb lift. Before I commit to either idea just wanted to feel you guys out for a possibly simpler solution.

Maybe a counterweight? Then you could just push it up and if it were balanced just right, pull it down easy too.

Hood shock mounted at the base. It will stay up, and when fully extended stay down.

Yes, you'll still have to get up off her butt to move it.

Or get an air ram and plumb it to a compressor with a remote lever. Then you'll get the cool 18 wheeler pfshhhh!

Getting off my butt isn't the issue! Getting a ladder out of my shed each time someone wants to watch TV or put it away is.

Well this didn't work but it was worth a shot
ImageUploadedByTurboBuick1380316481.523039.jpg

More work then I wanted to do but I got what I wanted! Thanks for the input and suggestions.