Pick-up Trucks/SUVs - who do you like?

Quick Chick

I may or may not get a HUGE promotion... If so, my Sonata 2.0T may not cut it anymore. Even though my car is a lease and I have 2 years left, I would have to be able to get to work nomatter the weather conditions especially during blizzards etc. as we do snow removal. So, I would give it up and get a truck.

The big question is, if I do get the position, what, in your opinion, is the best bang for your buck truck? I had a Ford Expedition XLT brand new back in 2004 and loved it, but since then no other trucks and my sister has the brand new Expedition and is looking to get rid of it because she and my brother in law dislike it. I am really digging the new Dodge trucks and a friend of mine says they are running great deals, but, I'm stuck.

What do you have? How do you like it?

image.jpeg
I have the 1500 Ram Sport crew cab 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi. I love it. Very comfortable to drive, drives nice down the highway, great in the snow with the AWD selected and even gets decent gas mileage, considering it weighs about 5600 lb and has the areodynamics of a brick wall.

Last edited:
Have you considered the 2015 Subaru 4-door WRX? Lot's of room and a HUGE crash safety rating.

I abused an '02 4x4 4Runner, slept with dog when we got cold, but it was like driving a pig.

Last edited:
I have the 1500 Ram Sport crew cab 4x4 with the 5.7 Hemi. I love it. Very comfortable to drive, drives nice down the highway, great in the snow with the AWD selected and even gets decent gas mileage, considering it weighs about 5600 lb and has the areodynamics of a brick wall.

Very nice.... I do like the look of that truck a lot and I have been seeing them everywhere.

Have you considered the 2015 Subaru 4-door WRX? Lot's of room and a HUGE crash safety rating.

I abused an '02 4x4 4Runner, slept with dog when we got cold, but it was like driving a pig.

I have nothing against Suburu at all... But the pricing on them, I'd rather get a truck at least I will have the hauling capacity.

2015 gmc Denali rides excellent!

I do love the new Denali, the SUV and the pick-up are sexxxxxy.... I'd have to sell my uterus for one of them though, lol

Ecoboost.... FTW :sneaky:
Tows almost like a diesel, gets excellent fuel mileage when not towing and runs mid 13's at the track with just a tune.
SAM_0309_zpstqulsyvj.jpg

There is no way I would have a V-8 or 4 cylinder vehicle in my driveway as V-6's are my passion!

My first twin turbo was a 2011 Ecoboost truck, and now a 2016 F-150 4X4 Ecoboost is a ride from heaven! :)

Lots of power, good gas mileage and comfort and electronic "gadgets" beyond my ability to use.

The great resale value of a F-150 makes financial sense to upgrade often, this is my third one.

ECOBOOST.jpg

I have a 07 Explorer Ironman 4.0 pushrod V6, bought it in '09 with 30k. It now has 155k. The only unscheduled maintenance I've done was a passenger front wheel bearing/hub and the 4WD solenoid. Can't really complain about the capability either, never one issue during upstate winters. One of the last "truck" body on frame midsized SUVs (not unibody). It was made till 2010.

7fbb5fa57fb2c9b3f686097d8b73a3f0.jpg

^ Only downside is shitty tow capability @ 3500 lbs max because of the rear indy suspension. That's what the Yukon is for.

616ed8f0412409261330172f3aa924a8.jpg

Sent from my Spaceship.

I prefer the GMC/Chevy trucks. Two coworkers have F150's, one is ecoboost and the other is the 5.0. The ecoboost average mileage is pretty much the same as our GMC Z71 5.3 crew cab. The 5.0 is 2 mpg less. They travel hauling boats regular to FL and the V8 gets better mpg towing. How about the Dodge 1500 diesel ?

Get a Forrester and become a lesbian. :eek::oops::p

Make sure your pick up truck is 6 wheel drive. ;)

I don't see any snow in any of those pictures. :snaphappy:

Dodge / Cummins

If you can find a low mile 12-valve with a NV4500 manual transmission... Now that's a TRUCK!

I own a 2500HD 4X4. Dana 60 front & Dana 80 rear axles. The original brakes were not the best. Replace the rear wheel brake cylinders with the larger GM brake cylinders, new braided stainless brake lines & Hawk brand brake pads / shoes. It will stop on a dime now. These trucks often exceed 250K to 300K miles. Just feed them the best diesel that you can find, change the filters & run either Delo 400 or Rotella oil.

Get a Forrester and become a lesbian. :eek::oops::p

Make sure your pick up truck is 6 wheel drive. ;)

I don't see any snow in any of those pictures. :snaphappy:

I am one and would never drive a Forrester if you paid me lol.

What ever you get , it's got to be BLACK , to match the GN !!
This is my new baby , don't know what half of the features can do and quiet as a Caddy !
View attachment 283453

That truck is sweet.... I really just need to get to some dealerships and see. I saw a GMC just before looked exactly like this and was seriously falling in love... And of course it will be black or a really dark gray.

I have nothing against diesel BTW other then it's just more annoying to find gas stations that have it here

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    182.6 KB · Views: 125
I like the GM trucks. I looked forever, and finally found a 2005 GMC Sierra 2500HD 6.0 gas. You can get pretty much the same setup in an SUV. It doesn't get good mileage (13-15), but that's to be expected. I didn't like the thought of paying the astronomical price for a newer one, but I also didn't want or need all the gadgets and electronics, just wanted it to tow. The new ones are probably nice rides, though.

I really like my 2014 GMC Acadia. I tow my GN with it and my 22' SeaRay boat. It seats 7 people. I got 14mpg towing the GN to NC for the TB.com nationals (500 miles mostly through the mountains) it's FWD, 3.6 liter, loaded. Right now they are leasing for $179/mo. I will be getting a new one when my lease is up next spring. Whatever you do make sure you drive the GM vehicles. That should make your mind up for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like my 2014 GMC Acadia. I tow my GN with it and my 22' SeaRay boat. It seats 7 people. I got 14mpg towing the GN to NC for the TB.com nationals (500 miles mostly through the mountains) it's FWD, 3.6 liter, loaded. Right now they are leasing for $179/mo. I will be getting a new one when my lease is up next spring. Whatever you do make sure you drive the GM vehicles. That should make your mind up for you!

218d0bbe276b12554bab006ae68baa0b.jpg

eed1081c410d736d8daf074ffb34cd2d.jpg
love my 08 Avalanche LTZ with a 6.0. I think I made a mistake getting it in black as keeping up with one black vehicle is almost a full time job.