Photos of my ride.

Scott Adcock

Hey guys, I just put together a quick little website containing some info and photos of my Turbo Regal. Check it out and let me know what you think. I should have the motor back in the car this week and hope to have it up to the race track soon. I need some new Hoosier drag tires first though:)

That is great to hear you all will be at the GS nationals this year. I can't make it this year but plan on attending next year, its a great time.

http://www.ackermannna.com/car/front.html

Nice looking car. Most people dont know how much altitude affects your times. I know here in Amarillo at 3700 ft you can really tell when the air day goes up to 5500ft. I can imagine what its like for you when you have a bad air day (can you say slooww me down?)!!

Dave

Sweet car!!!!

Man that is one cool ride, I like the steering wheel.

And great performance.........you could really suprise a few cars with a carbed car running 13's.

I'd love to see the faces of the people at the nats when that thing flys down the strip.

Again nice car, congrats.

Nice car and nice website! :)

I added your site to my links page. There's a place in your TB.com profile to add your website address. Then there will be a red button to it on each of your posts.

how does the nitrous perform for you? How big of a shot? those are some impressive times for a carbed car at 5800 feet. Also how much boost are you running? I was looking at an 83 T-type with a rod knock the other day, thinking about buying it and dropping in a $50 junkyard 4.1.

Originally posted by mygrain
how does the nitrous perform for you? How big of a shot? those are some impressive times for a carbed car at 5800 feet. Also how much boost are you running? I was looking at an 83 T-type with a rod knock the other day, thinking about buying it and dropping in a $50 junkyard 4.1.

The Nitrous works pretty well, especially on a turbo car. You don't need to run a lot of it. I run a #41 NOS jet in a fogger nozzle that is tapped in the carb plenum, just ahead of the turbo inlet. The car runs about 14-15psi of boost without the NOS and about 17psi with it. The Nitrous gives instant boost reponse and gives mustang drivers fits.

The next step is to use a MSD BTM ignition box to further retard the ignition under boost (less detonation).

Originally posted by Scott Adcock

NOS jet in a fogger nozzle that is tapped in the carb plenum, just ahead of the turbo inlet.

Sounds like where I mounted my fogger nozzle also but I'm using mine for alc./water injection.
Conveniant spot~eh;)

That looks like a beatiful example of a '78 Sport Coupe!! You're posting some very good times too. I bought my '78 in 1995 and have done most of the same mods...it ran a 14.65 in 1999 but due to a busy schedule, it's jis been collecting dust since...I've been trying to get registered since Nov. '01 but due to a problem with my computer at home, I'm just now gettin' on the board...I'll leave some details but feel free to E-mail me if ya wanna chat...

Originally posted by Scott Adcock

The next step is to use a MSD BTM ignition box to further retard the ignition under boost (less detonation).

Are you haveing a problem with detonation:confused:

Just curious, are you retarding your timing when you use the NOS or are you using such a small shot that it's not necessary?

I have to retard the timming when using the NOS. If not it will detonate on the top end and that's not good for those head gaskets. The first runs that I made with the NOS, I had too large a jet, and after a few passes would get some detonation when going through the traps at the track. I blew a head gasket using that jet. Since then I have switched to a smaller jet, .41 I think. The BTM unit would provide more control over the timing under boost and would be a nice feature.