Petition to make Metallica 'not suck' again

DCEPTCN

Smasher-Devourer
I grew up in the 80's listening to Metallica as a kid when they were still good....I think many of us did. Sign this petition to get their producer Bob Rock (a tool's tool) fired for making them suck for the last 15 years or so.

Save Metallica

The only petition relating to Metallica that I'll sign is one advocating the immediate execution of Lars. What a little douchebag.

Originally posted by SyHopeful
The only petition relating to Metallica that I'll sign is one advocating the immediate execution of Lars. What a little douchebag.
You shut your ****ing mouth, his mom could kick your city slicker ass.....

If your not familiar with the campchaos.com joke--> yes, he's a ****stain.

Old metal bands never die. They just go to therapy:cool:

Hard to catch lighning in a bottle every time out. You become trapped by your fans/management to continue to produce remakes of past succesful albums.

At the heart of being a musician is the desire to push boundries and try new things and that isn't always what people want or expect from a band.

I really think the way to do it is to leave them wanting more and start a new band to try the new stuff on.

i like this one:
7799. Kraig This whole petition thing is gay! Get a life.

LOL, Brillliant!!

Metallica needs to just quit while theyre behind. St Anger is some of the worst music I've ever heard.

i am a huge tallica fan, and i am not too fond of bob rock, or larz.....st anger the CD was crap, the DVD was ok, and the live performances of st anger, and frantic, kick ass!!!!!!!

for anyone who hasnt seen them live, i would say you dont much of a leg to stand on as far as thier ability to rock out....

but yes, thier album strength has gone downhill steadily over the years...

IMO a simple re recording of some of the older songs onto a new album would prove to the rest of the world they dont actually suck....

final thought: i am still beside myself on the larz drums from st anger, it really sounds like a metal garbage can to me, and i cant get that thought out my head when i hear the CD (again, the DVD doesnt sound like that)

Theyve evolved, or should i say, digressed with time, for sure. But Im not sure Bob Rock is to blame. I watched that movie, and it looked to me like Hetfield was struggling to come up with anything creative. Every riff he made up flat sucked, even for a 15 year old beginner. I think he knew it too. Cause every time he was sitting there struggling, he would get pissed off and start acting like a baby. If anything, bob rock is just there for a fat paycheck and nothing more. Another thing I noticed, was that he seemed to come to the studio unprepared. Like he hadnt made up anything, and just decided then and there to start making stuff up. Thats not the way to do it.

There is only one way to make metallica not suck again,

Find a reputable voodoo priestess, bring her to the burial site of the Almighty Cliff Burton, have her resurrect him, And then, and ONLY then, will metallica get the sh!t beat out of them for the garbage the produced after "justice for all" and maybe make something audibly acceptable.

I think there was just enough burton influence left over to make one final kick-ass album after his death, but then the crap-filled snowball just got bigger and bigger rolling downhill

I always used to wonder what they would have sounded like now if Cliff Burton was still alive... I'm sure he would have been fired for not wanting to do the whole mainstream thing.
I graduated in '89, and pretty much worshipped Metallica back then, but I think I lost faith in them when I heard "Nothing Else Matters" on the black album. I just couldn't believe that my ears were hearing something like that from..... Metallica, of all bands...
Do have to say that I saw them twice, once in '91, and again in '92 with GNR and Faith No More, and they were probably the best shows I've ever seen...but it is not possible to save Metallice from the suck now....it's far too late :p

I have seen Metallica twice and both times they were great.
The black record was not bad it was just different.
I can not say anything good about anything from load to present.
From a personal stand point I am glad these guys have their lives in better order but as a fan of their music I am almost sorry they are sober.

It seems their style of metal is dead.
I just can not get into much of this new stuff.

87grandnat, "Hey "Nothing Else Matters" is a good song!!!!"

you go from:

DARKNESS! IMPRISONING ME! ALL THAT I SEE! ABSOLUTE HORROR! I CANNOT LIVE! I CANNOT DIE! TRAPPED IN MYSELF, BODY MY HOLDING CELL!!!

To:

"everyday for us something new" and never opened myself this way, life is ours we live it our way"

I'm failing to see what's good here... they really went by the gayside with that one...

Originally posted by turbo_canuck
87grandnat, "Hey "Nothing Else Matters" is a good song!!!!"

you go from:

DARKNESS! IMPRISONING ME! ALL THAT I SEE! ABSOLUTE HORROR! I CANNOT LIVE! I CANNOT DIE! TRAPPED IN MYSELF, BODY MY HOLDING CELL!!!

To:

"everyday for us something new" and never opened myself this way, life is ours we live it our way"

I'm failing to see what's good here... they really went by the gayside with that one...

Lol, beat me to it. To go from Battery, Damage Inc, Trapped Under Ice, Whiplash and the like to Nothing Else Matters, is just..... sad :(
I remember back in the day when Metallica said they'd never do a music video, and I was nodding in agreement, "F' yeah, Metallica, never sell out!". Then they did a video for "one", and I remember thinking "Dude's???", but grew to accept it. I even slowly began to appreciate the Black album, but once they all cut their hair at the same time, and started with the nail polish and shiny pants, well...... a part of me died that day :( ***

*** Gratuitous heavy drama :D

Metallica cannot be saved. They are done, stick a fork in them.

Their oldest work is the best, and IMO anything after the black album is not worth listening too.

St. Anger = clown shoes