Performance question

MN250R

Hello,
My 87 GN has a thrasher chip in it. I heard the turbo tweak is better than the trasher. My GN runs excellent. I have a TE44, powerplate and 60LB motron injectors waiting to be installed. My question is do i have to wait to order the chip after i install these mods. Or can i order it now and then put the stuff on later? Will the car still run ok u think? reason being is im not sure if ill have time for a while to install the turbo,injectors etc.
i just had my tranny built, and a pats 2800 converter. And i think my thrasher chip was for a stock converter. Im not sure how much difference the chip will make.

One other thing, i have a walbro fuel pump installed, im gonna get the hot wire kit. Does the hot wire kit make thta big of a difference?

Thanks for everyones help!

yes it is worth it they will idle and drive better than the thrasher. eric has mastered the 60 pounders. as for the hotwire kit it is a must for these cars.

I have a TE44, powerplate and 60LB motron injectors waiting to be installed. My question is do i have to wait to order the chip after i install these mods. Or can i order it now and then put the stuff on later? Will the car still run ok u think? reason being is im not sure if ill have time for a while to install the turbo,injectors etc.

When you change injectors (size) you HAVE to change the chip. If the ECM thinks you have 30 lb injectors and you have 60 lb injectors you'll get almost twice as much fuel as you want in there. Order the chip. Then when you install the injectors install the chip. You can get away with turbo/exhaust/powerplate ect. without changing the chip, but when you do injectors you have to do the chip. Same thing the other way, if you get a chip for 60's, don't put it on the car unless you have 60's installed. FWIW Eric makes an excellent chip.

As for your hotwire question the short answer is yes, it does make a big difference. HTH. james