performance parts

Not sure anyone makes performance parts for the 307, assuming we're talking the Olds 307 V8?

Well I did do a little research and found a few engine parts avaliable for it:

5.0L/307, OLDSMOBILE, Engines & Components - summitracing.com

Here's some air and fuel delivery parts for it:5.0L/307, OLDSMOBILE, Air & Fuel Delivery - summitracing.com

And here's some exhaust stuff for it: 5.0L/307, OLDSMOBILE, Exhaust - summitracing.com

But truth be told I know there's not a lot for the 307 Olds, as they are considered odd ball engines, much like the 301 Pontiac. Although the 307 is a pretty durable engine if I may say so.

yeah i was just wanting to get a little more power out of it ... if i had the money i would put the 3.8L turbo v6 in it :smile:

In all honesty if I were you I'd build up everything else except the engine.

For example if you have the 200-4R trans I'd put in a shift kit and a mild stall, cuz that trans can be used with a 3.8 turbo, or a 350 Chevy or probably even a 455 Buick (might not hold the torque, hard to tell).

You could also put steeper gears in the rear, maybe put on a dual exhaust with mandrel bent pipes and free flowing mufflers (NOT Flowmasters)....just make it to where the exhaust can be reused at a later date with another engine.

By doing this you're upping the hp and helping the engine but not putting $$ in it. That way when you chuck the engine later on, you can reuse the trans, exhaust, etc.

I don't think you're going to get much more hp out of the engine than what the 148 hp 307 Olds has to offer.

But if you're hell bent on being different, you could try building up a 307, most folks I know pass them over for bigger engines.

Don't think anyone makes a turbo for it, but anything is doable if you have the funds and the patience.

How much are you willing to spend on it? What are your performance goals?

Your best bet is to replace the 307 with a 350or 403 Olds. The 307 has horrible heads and windowed mains, so they can't handle alot of rpms.

Your best bet is to replace the 307 with a 350or 403 Olds. The 307 has horrible heads and windowed mains, so they can't handle alot of rpms.

All Olds motors are horrible- Why waste time & money? Install a Chevy engine like most do, or find a TR & sell that regal.

You could look at oldspower.com. There are a couple people over there that think that the 307 has alot of power to be had.:rolleyes: Me personally I agree with what was said above. After grenading my 350 Olds 2x I swore off the Olds power plant for good. I guess I just couldn't handle the V8.:biggrin:

go to junkyard, tell them you want a chevy 1500 v8 (4 bolt main motor) get a new cross over for the trans, get a turbo 350 trans, and your set, you can even use the TBI setup and it'll still fly. Or get a TPI unit from a trans am or camaro. Or carb it. Whatever is easier for you. I had a 1500 truck with tbi i put headers and single custommade exhaust made by myself and a new tranny and that truck went side ways from a 20 mph roll at WOT and when i mean sideways i mean like my passanger side door was facing oncomming traffic. With the 4bolt main motor later on you can always give it a little power assist and spray it. :eek:

It was a 1995 1500 blazer 2 door 5400 lbs, and a regal is amost half that weight, so you should really just junk that 307 because you will be beating an old horse. You're not going to be able to squeeze that much from the 307 you can make it sound a little more agressive with exhaust but its not going to go anywhere.

Other than that, save your money and buy a used complete turbo 6 motor.

I won't be so quick to say Olds engines are weak.

I had two cars with the 307 Olds engine, they took a lickin and kept on tickin.

I know another guy that kept trying to blow up his 307 but couldn't.

Sturdy engines IMO but not worthy of anything in terms of performance. And yes the 307 is a grunt engine I believe, that's why most cars with the 307 have 2.14 rear gears! :eek: No that was not a typo. 2.14's!!!!! :eek: :eek:

Now if you wanted to put in a fuel injected 3.8 turbo, you have your work cut out for you with all the wiring and such. But it can be done. It's tedious. That's why I sold my carbed 84 n/a Regal and bought a turbo car.

Then again a "before black" 78-83 Regal 3.8 turbo swap might be easier, I think there's less wiring, not really sure.

If nothing else you could always drop in an LS1.