Performance, horsepower, injector, turbo guide

eeexxxxcellent!

THANK YOU TIM!!
I managed to find that one day, and kinda glossed over it, thinking "wow, that's cool" and then I could NEVER find it again. That's a good chart to get ahold of, especially around tax refund time! Thanks again!

technical info, fuel system, injectors vs ets vs chip chart

can't get any easier than that! Just call my 900 number, Tim and Miss Cleo will direct you around the site! :D

Tell me about it

The only problem I have with TR.com is the fact that I never can find anything more than once, I've book marked way too many pages over there. - BB:p

Originally posted by Steve Wood
technical info, fuel system, injectors vs ets vs chip chart

can't get any easier than that! Just call my 900 number, Tim and Miss Cleo will direct you around the site! :D

Please do not make fun of Miss Cleo, 'teve, she shall always be revered as the greatest con artist of our time. (well my time, anyway, don't know who was scamming folks back when horses were faster than cars :))

Go water your rocks, the limestone is about to bloom!

Very cool calculator. Bumping this back up one time...

Listen, Tiny Tim...just because my Shetland outran you does not give you the right to pick on senior citizens...

Here add these two posts by Chuck, the OL' Buzzard, Leeper and John, "if it's chemistry, I got you covered", Estill to your list of useful reference materials.... :)

you move the crank to 25* ATDC on the compression stroke, THEN install the cam sensor. DO NOT install at TDC, and then rotate to 25*ATDC.. you will be 25* off as the sensor gear meshes w/ the cam at that point and turning the cap only makes a mess!!

Bring the engine to TDC on the compression stroke.. BOTH valves on #1 closed. Continue to rotate to 25* ATDC.
Look at the cam sensor gear. there's a dot on it near the bottom. Install the sensor w/ the dot facing the pass. fender and the wires in the cap are pointing towards the dr headlite. Once the gear meshes w/ the cam gear, you should be close to the sensor bottoming in the cover.[ A little "sneaky cream on the o'ring helps!!] If it's still up a bit and the gears are meshed,[you can't turn the sensor shaft], it's OK to bump the engine a bit to get the oil pump shaft to mesh into the bottom of the sensor gear.Once this is done, put the cap on, and hook up the indicator lite. Turn the sensor CLOCKWISE until the lite goes out, turn it COUNTER CLOCK until it just lites. I then continue CCW about 1/8 to 1/4" and lock it down. [Lite should still be on]

HTH,

OG, the wires can face any direction and the sensor still be installed correctly. It all depends on the orientation of the sensor as you drop it in. I like to drop mine in with the cap off, so I can see the window. If I start with the window pointing to the firewall, when I'm all done the wires point straight down. This is due to the window rotating some as the sensor meshes with the gear on the cam shaft.

If you don't like the way yours is oriented, pull it out, take the cap off, and drop it back in with the orientation I use. You can use a long screw driver to get the slot in the oil pump oriented correctly so it will all fit together without having to bump the motor.

I always start with the motor at 25deg ATDC and I don't have to move it at all during the procedure. I don't think it matters if you start everything at 0 deg and then move it to 25 deg later, as long as the engine is at 25 deg when you set the cam sensor with the tool.

BTW, make sure you start from the right TDC, there are 2 TDC's (since this is a 4 stroke engine). And if you are using a piece of masking tape on the balancer to indicate how far 25 deg is, the correct length is 1.45". Some people recommend going to 22 deg, which is about 1 5/16". So somewhere in that range. I saw you reference 1.50", which is probably a bit much. Depends on which theory you subscribe to, which we all may be sorry that I brought up.

Oh yeah, question C... it sounds like their instructions assume you are starting with the cam sensor being pretty close to where it should be, already on the back side of the window. Since you started from the front side of the window, the light came on as you turned it clockwise. Don't worry about it, it sounds like you got it set right. If you went through the procedure now that you have it set, it would work exactly like they described.

John Estill

Thanks buddy! You don't miss a trick do you? Yes I had to admit to not knowing this in a thread a couple weeks ago. It is archived, for future use now...

Dang, and I didn't get you anything....

BTW it was either steal your Shetland, or adapt a stepladder so Zap could go riding on a regular sized horse. I tried to train a horse to lay down and let him climb aboard but nobody, not even a horse, likes being shorter than he is even for a few seconds. Horses, apparently have their pride as well....

BBTW Fancy talk for a guy that doesn't know better than to blow up a fragmentation bomb. If that's the way it is, I hope St. Pete is getting Christmas cards from you every year! ;)

Hey! I blew it up, made a big hole, got the exercise of diving under a Dodge PowerWagon for shelter, lived and had another story to tell...What more could I have asked for?

One more person with a death wish to round out your crew?

Musta been hard getting workers, based on the 'turnover rate'.