Perfect night for the track

Texas gn

Anyone thinking of going..My tranny is acting a little weird (flaring)but I am going anyways!

Now i am fixing my tranny........Just in case Bill Holder is read this ....how did your GN run later that night? I saw the 11 flat. Did ya get the 60 foot times down?

Now i am fixing my tranny........Just in case Bill Holder is read this ....how did your GN run later that night? I saw the 11 flat. Did ya get the 60 foot times down?
It was great to make your acquaintance the other night at the track.
How's the tranny? Hope you got home ok.
Back to the track - I only made two passes. I was working on a new starting line sequence and tune so 60' was not anything worth talking about. In fact it was horrible. However, the car did mph at 134 on 22 lbs of boost.
Since then I have spent some time in the shop fixing a couple of wiring and starting line programming bugs.
Think I'll be ready after running the valves.
As we sit tonight, I will probably go Friday night and do some T&T.

It was great to make your acquaintance the other night at the track.

How's the tranny? Hope you got home ok.

Back to the track - I only made two passes. I was working on a new starting line sequence and tune so 60' was not anything worth talking about. In fact it was horrible. However, the car did mph at 134 on 22 lbs of boost.

Since then I have spent some time in the shop fixing a couple of wiring and starting line programming bugs.

Think I'll be ready after running the valves.

As we sit tonight, I will probably go Friday night and do some T&T.

Great to hear from ya. I was having a great time until I killed the transmission. (Had my best Et and 60foot time to date even with the tranny going out). However, I was able to nurse it the 60 miles home without any issues…lucky me. I sent it off to Extreme Automatics yesterday to have it gone through, I hear they are one of the best. Watching your car go down the track was a real treat and I am looking forward to see it again. I hope I will see some mid to low 11s next time I go on my conservative tune. ( I have learned to hate changing head gaskets) I am hoping to get back down there in a couple of weeks…I will let you know and you do the same! Maybe we can get a few other TR boys on this board to go.

Thanks, Glen

mine is flaring too. One time it will be fine, next time it will flare. Drove it cross country with no problem.

mine is flaring too. One time it will be fine, next time it will flare. Drove it cross country with no problem.

I think mine would of been ok for a whlie but taking it to the track was the killer. I sent it off to extreme automatics this week....counting the days to get it back! There are some mid to low 11 passes out there for me.