perfect fit replacement?

The stock radio is a "double din".Most radios are single din.
Get yourself a radio install kit and a nice double din radio. Don't go with a cheapo radio. remember you get what you pay for.
Pioneer, Kenwood And alpine are some of the best and easy to use brands and you can find them at best buy pc Richards.

turbokar87 said:
The stock radio is a "double din".Most radios are single din.
Get yourself a radio install kit and a nice double din radio. Don't go with a cheapo radio. remember you get what you pay for.
Pioneer, Kenwood And alpine are some of the best and easy to use brands and you can find them at best buy pc Richards.
And usually they come with navi DVD and all that fun stuff!

The Pioneer DEH-P47DH (or the P77DH as previously mentioned) both will fit the stock opening. Both also do not require an adapter to fit and also utilize the stock radio brackets for a clean professional look.

The only problem is neither model is in production anymore.The P77DH does come with a built in alarm.

There's another model by Pioneer, a DEH-45DH but it too is long out of production.

I have an old Pioneer deh 50dh. Been in the car for over 15 years. Gonna miss it when it finally goes out. Another option for our cars is to simply get a GM den and 1/2 out of a 90s or newer GM vehicle. You can even get a factory wiring harnes from the dealership thats plug and play. Mounting it is a little work and slight trimming but well worth it for a factory look.

The Pioneer DEH-P47DH (or the P77DH as previously mentioned) both will fit the stock opening. Both also do not require an adapter to fit and also utilize the stock radio brackets for a clean professional look.

The only problem is neither model is in production anymore.The P77DH does come with a built in alarm.

There's another model by Pioneer, a DEH-45DH but it too is long out of production.

Yep. I just bought a realy nice Pioneer DEH P77DH on ebay for $190. They pop up weekly and range from $150-$300 it seems. I saw a brand new nos 1( same as mine) sell for $350 about a month ago. Im looking forward to putting it in asap. The kicker is that you can buy a warranty on it thru ebay also that will fix it or give you the purchase price back for either 1 or 2 yrs for $31.99 or $47.99 respectively. That is what sold me on the deal. I just learned about the warranty. If you dont use it or want to cancel it, they pro rate it and give you a refund. Seems to be an all around win win when buying an older radio on ebay for those kinds of dollars. Just my .02$ worth;)

Dave

As a previous poster said - a late(er) model Corvette 1.5 DIN radio offers some of the newer amenities desired, while still giving more of a factory look.
You'll see them on ebay, and of course, whereever else used parts are sold.

I got an Ac Delco radio from ebay, came off GMC truck syclone or typhoon. Replaced black knobs with my original factory concert surround sound knobs. Stock 80's factory look with same blue/green display but now have CD player. Perfect fit, same size as original radio.

Check eBay, I believe seller still has couple. You want the one with the iPod jack. Seller restores delco radios with an ipod jack and includes the antenna adapter and wiring harness adapter. Plug and play. Plays any burn CD's and I can watch movies, YouTube from my iPhone with stero sound. Once you transfer knobs from your original radio, you can't even tell its not factory. Mine has the EQ just like the my original concert surround sound.

Check eBay, I believe seller still has couple. You want the one with the iPod jack. Seller restores delco radios with an ipod jack and includes the antenna adapter and wiring harness adapter. Plug and play. Plays any burn CD's and I can watch movies, YouTube from my iPhone with stero sound. Once you transfer knobs from your original radio, you can't even tell its not factory. Mine has the EQ just like the my original concert surround sound.

Does the unit work well? Sound any better than the stock one? Any Ipod issues?

Thanks

To me the new radio sounds better, radio reception seems to be better too. I have new OEM rear speakers with old radio before installing this one. I've kept everything stock in the interior. No issues with Ipod/iphone When radio is on and you plug in iPod, it switched from tuner to you iPod input signal. Only thing is when your iPod music is on pause and you turn up the volume really high you can hear very faint radio signal - but that didn't seem to bother me cause I don't have volume that loud and music is constantly running when iPod is plugged in. Hope this helps. I like the look, with cd & iPod functions

A New delco out of an f-body looks darn near stock and if you luck up and find a monsoon version it sounds pretty good too. You'll need adapters for the 12 pin delco to a 21 pin delco and a antenna adapter. And I had to trim the mounting rails down just a little but doesn't look bad

Regal_20090406_004.jpg