PCV Valve leaking

TrAb

BOOSTIN
Hey guys i was just wondering how loosely the pcv valve should fit down into the intake mani. Mine is very loose right in that area, would this be ok or would it somehow be sucking unmettered air?

Kirban's PCV Grommett

Hey guys i was just wondering how loosely the pcv valve should fit down into the intake mani. Mine is very loose right in that area, would this be ok or would it somehow be sucking unmettered air?

It should be nice and tight! Any looseness will allow air leakage which could contribute to high BLM's. Kirbans has an exact reproduction PCV Grommet.

For your Buick, Regal Grand National, 3.8 1987

Prices From $8.00

Product Description

1986-1987 Turbo Regal -
Reproduction PCV VALVE GROMMET

For years we could only find a replacement PCV valve grommet that did not have the proper size hole in the center for the factory PCV valve to seat properly. This grommet required a lot of effort to install.

In researching this problem, Richard Clark discovered years ago that the original PCV grommet was discontinued by GM and replaced by GM #1381487. This replacement PCV valve grommet also had the wrong size relief. It measured only .175 instead of .230 in the original. The center hole measurement was .440 instead of .495.

This reproduction PCV grommet is 100% exact. Unfortunately, since these cars are now over 20 years old, the original grommet is very brittle and can’t be reused when you replace the PCV valve. Like all rubber hoses and belts, parts like these should be replaced every few years.

NOTE - This same reproduction PCV valve grommet has also been updated in our valve cover grommet and PCV grommet kit, Part #6982.

Another inexpensive replacement item.

7214 1986-1987 Turbo Regal - Reproduction PCV Valve Grommet
------------------------------------------------------------------------

Suggest while you're at it....may be a good idea to change your PCV valve too. Either AC Delco CV893C or AutoZones 1162 PCV Valve. I just changed to the Auto Zone 1162 PCV Valve.....found it actually dropped my BLM's a few numbers. Only difference is that it's made of a thermoplastic mat'l and is a bit shorter in over all lenght...but no problem to install.

I have saftey wired all vacuum hoses & lines to be sure there are no leaks.

Attachments

• PCV Valve Grommett No7214.jpg
    PCV Valve Grommett No7214.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 549
  • AutoZones PCV1162.jpg
    AutoZones PCV1162.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 543
  • AC Delco CV893C PVC Valve.jpg
    AC Delco CV893C PVC Valve.jpg
    29.6 KB · Views: 631
I just replaced my pcv valve not long ago and was wondering becuase mine has enough room to move around. like the hole was to big. Ill get one of these on order. Thanks

If you don't want to wait just put a good bead of "right stuff" around it before you slip it in. I'd make sure the grommet is oil free and let it set up overnight.

PCV Grommet

42056 @ AZ
Fit perfect and very tight.
Put it in HOT water before install makes it a lot easier to install.