Paypal opinions?

TRFanatic

Hello all,

as a seller I have been getting alot of flack for not having Paypal to receive payments. I am old school for sure and not very technology savvy.

Can you guys give me your opinions?

Thanks

Ravi

Easiest way to accept payments. Been using it since it was "Always Free" (their old slogan.:rolleyes:)

hello; IMO a payment is a payment but I just signed up for pay pal so I guess I'm up to date. big deal another password to remember.
IBBY

I was the same way... didnt understand it, didnt use it.

It is so easy once you start using it!! Makes buying and selling so easy!

Now with that said send me over a list of all your good NOS stuff so I can drool over it! :)

Thx!

I personally won't buy from a seller unless they accept paypal. I got burned a couple times with money orders. So now if they don't accept paypal I move along.

I personally won't buy from a seller unless they accept paypal. I got burned a couple times with money orders. So now if they don't accept paypal I move along.

^^^

I will never send a money order again in my life. Lost $580 about 6 years ago.

I still remember the amount :rolleyes:

Once you send and receive payment once or twice you'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Very convenient. With more and more vendors and online stores using it, it makes life simple.

Well, with "international" purchases it sure would help the buyer out :)

Honestly when you contacted me I never even realized you were in canada or the trouble I would have sending you money over the border. I guess it's one of the drawbacks of me living out in the sticks. :(

Someone once told me you can receive a payment from a paypal account without having an account. They use your email to contact you. Never tried it though.

Well, with "international" purchases it sure would help the buyer out :)

Honestly when you contacted me I never even realized you were in canada or the trouble I would have sending you money over the border. I guess it's one of the drawbacks of me living out in the sticks. :(

Someone once told me you can receive a payment from a paypal account without having an account. They use your email to contact you. Never tried it though.

Bob, if you didn't live out in no-mans land, you can also pick up international money orders at most post offices. You do have post offices, right? ;)

Paypal is easiest usually, and keeps you somewhat secure.

Its is a very nice tool to have. They do charge a small percent for goods transactions but that is just the cost of doing business. I do sell alot and buy alot here and on ebay. Without paypal i would have about 75 percent less transactions.

if the seller doesnt have PP they I usually move on to someone who does.

I guess im just lazy and have zero intention of writing out a check or getting a money order and having to mail it out. plus with PP u have a record of every transaction and you get "Some" protection.

Bob, if you didn't live out in no-mans land, you can also pick up international money orders at most post offices. You do have post offices, right? ;)

Paypal is easiest usually, and keeps you somewhat secure.

Yeah, there happens to be one across the street. Problem is, these small post offices rarely, if ever, get a request for an international money order, so they don't "sign up for it" or whatever it is they do. They have to train people to handle them as well as keep the stuff to do it. Nearest post office that handles them is 30 miles away, but it gets better. The one person there that is trained to do them is on vacation for 2 weeks. So it's either wait 2 weeks for the option to drive an hour round trip, OR I can drive an hour EACH way to get one in topeka or manhattan. The bank said they can direct wire the money to canada, straight to his account, for a flat fee of $100 regardless of amount. I don't want this to be this complicated, but apparently it is, unless I'm overlooking another option.

Maybe I should just TRADE for a bunch of parts and airmail them :). NOS buick parts are international currency :)

Thanks to all for the feedback guys.

Sheesh, life was SOOOOO much easier when honour meant something.
FYI I have been caught as a buyer as well - ironically with Paypal. That mother****er Justin Gunn pulled the "deathbed" bull**** for quite a long time and got me good.

Ravi