PAY PAL Bites

Little6pack

How many sellers hate dealing with PAYPAL?

Man I had to convert over because Ebay got rid of BILLPOINT to buy that HUNK O CRAP PAY PAL.

Dislikes about PP as a seller:
- Interface on web suks
- Hard to login at night
- Fee's are crazy
- $500 monthly limit to transfer to bank

Likes as a seller:
NONE!
:mad:

I use it all the time, no problems here. It is great for a small business like mine that doesn't have enough volume to deal with the credit card companies. (wish I had that problem though!)

As a buyer I think it stinks. The two times I have used it (Once with you Boosted), I had to have checks issued by the seller. to cover the overcharge. I refuse to use it now. If the seller won't take a certified check, I don't need the part.

PayPal Worries & Woes

The buyer is at FAR greater risk & disadvantage using PayPal than the seller.

Lots of ongoing SERIOUS security issues with PayPal, also.

Type in PayPal using the Search feature here for member problems in the recent past.

Ive always liked it..... small scale.....I ve never run into a limit issue.....

Its quick, its pretty easy compared to going and getting the cash, then buying a MO at a place that charges less then 5$......

And as a seller....its quick too......never had a problem......

I HAVE A PERSONAL RATHER THAN A BUSINESS ACCOUNT. I CAN'T ACCEPT CREDITCARD PAYMENTS BUT THAT HASN'T BEEN A PROBLEM. GOOD PART IS THAT IT IS ABSOLUTELY FREE! :D AND IF IT'S FREE...........IT'S FOR ME!

The problem for me is the sheer volume that I do on ebay adds up quick.
I am actually holding back selling stuff because of the limits.

Wait until someone disputes a charge. Thy can freeze your entire account tat it is linked to. If you are using a check card, they can freeze your entire checking account,Also, until recently, you could only contact them via, e-mail. They had no dam phone #. If you read their new disclaimer they just came out wit a couple of months ago, they can basically own and freeze your account until they are done investigating. I am done using it as a seller.

I've used it when buying from companies that I know and trust that accept it as payment. And I do all of my purchasing with my credit card, not with my checking account.
Never used it to buy from another person, nor would I. That's just asking for trouble.
I've never had a problem once. But I've only used it 4 or 5 times.

As a buyer I love it .You can pay instantly and your item will be shipped the same day or the next day.I'm getting too impatient in my old age.Money orders can take almost a week to go across the country and then another week for shipping.I hardly buy from Ebayers who don't take PayPal.Unless it's a very hard to find item.

I had an account and just deleted it. I've heard too of too many security issues.

i deal alot with paypal, and after the initial problems, i had over $5,000 deposited within 2 days of opening the account and paypal threw a **** fit and thought i was up to no good. but after all the verification process i had to go through i dont have anymore problems.

As far as the $500 limit to transfer, that gets lifted when they verify your accounts (credit card and bank account).

The 3% does suck though.

Andy

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
How many sellers hate dealing with PAYPAL?

Man I had to convert over because Ebay got rid of BILLPOINT to buy that HUNK O CRAP PAY PAL.

Billpoint sucked more which is why nobody used it and so Ebay bought PayPal.

I have a personal and premier account. I have my buyers use the premier account only if they're paying via credit/debit card. There are no fees with a personal account.

There's also c2it.com which is like Paypal but the fees are a little less.

Other then the fees It's great.. I sell quite a few items on ebay for $500.00 + and those fees add up along with ebay's fees.

No problems getting into my Paypal account online.

I have no limitations when it comes to transfering money to my checking account.

I have a seperate checking account setup just for my paypal account, as soon as I receive the money I tranfer it to my checking account then cash out just incase I would run into problems with the account being frozen, never have more then $2-300 in the account.

As a person that got ripped off using a money order, unless the seller has alot of +feedback I will only pay with Paypal.

The part that pisses me off the most is they don't flag accounts that don't accept credit cards. I don't do enough business to use this feature nor do I want to pay the fees associated with credit cards. The problem is I still get people who pay me with credit cards because they don't read my payment instructions which reads "Do not pay with credit cards." Now I have to deny payment and have the person use another form of payment. I have asked Pay Pal if they could please flag accounts such as mine so the buyer gets a pop-up saying this account does not accept credit cards, but they won't do it. It's a pain in the ass but I'm stuck with them till something better comes along. Seems like all these internet companies are great at first then they get to big or bought out by someone else and start charging too much. Where is the 0 in NET Zero now!!!!:mad:

Originally posted by BuickGn Boosted
And remember when Paypal's slogan was - "Always Free!"

Ha ha. Me too. :)

Seriously, I love it. I use it all the time for buying... and occassionally selling (if I want the money ASAP, or if I feel the buyer is a flake). I gladly accept the service charges because of the speed... plus, I have a record of ALL monetary transactions through it.

:D

Re: Re: PAY PAL Bites

Originally posted by lyonsd
Billpoint sucked more which is why nobody used it and so Ebay bought PayPal.

NO WAY! Billpoint came into the game late & PayPal had everyone hooked.

I never had any problems with billpoint.

<--- Been using paypal for ver many years, I have a verfied premier account with no limits. I also never ever had a problem with them. Only thing Is I never leave money in my accound I always deposit it into the bank immediately. This way if someoe decides to pull crap they are just gonna negative balance my account not getting any $$ from me...