Passenger side lower interior lamp and passenger mirror remote

lotzagoodstuff

lotzagoodstuff
My car was completely disassembled when I purchased it, and I've got almost everything out of my bag of fasteners. A couple things that I didn't remove and can't figure out the location/routing of is the passenger interior light that comes on with the door switches and the correct routing for the passenger side mirror remote cable.

Any help on the factory locations would be great.

Thanks

My car was completely disassembled when I purchased it, and I've got almost everything out of my bag of fasteners. A couple things that I didn't remove and can't figure out the location/routing of is the passenger interior light that comes on with the door switches and the correct routing for the passenger side mirror remote cable.

Any help on the factory locations would be great.

Thanks

The attached picture from the GM shop manual shows the routing of the Instrument panel wiring harness and the 2 under dash lights that come on when the door is opened. The lights are circled. The passenger side one mounts to the front bottom side of the dash under the glove box. It comes through a hole in the under dash black cover piece with the insulation glued to the back. The mounting screws also hold on the hinge for the glove box.

As far as the passenger side mirror control cable, mine runs horizontally along the heat/ac air box, behind the radio and then curves to come out the hole in the dash. If I remember right, there is one or two screws that mount the end of the cable to the sub dash behind the dash instruments trim panel.

Hope this helps, Mel

Attachments

• IPwiringHarness.jpg
    IPwiringHarness.jpg
    71.3 KB · Views: 101
Thanks for the help. I stuck my head under there and tried my best to figure out where that light is supposed to mounted but nothing looked "right", no matter how many different positions I put it in.

Thanks for the help, I'm sure at some point I'll see a finished car that I can peek at and figure out, but I do appreciate the effort on your behalf.