Pass. side valve cover with oil fill hole and front breather

Red Regal T

I got one of these off of an 85 front drive Buick w/ 3.8. As you look at the car, the front side is our passenger side and is a bolt-on and looks identical to our TR valve covers. I put one on my car so I have oil breathers on both sides. Only drawback is clearance at rear of engine. You have to make some clearance by dimpling the heat shield because the valve cover is shaped a little differently. The stock pass. side TR valve cover provides more clearance but has no hole on top for a breather. The front drive valve cover also has a provision for the small filter in the front of the valve cover behind the Turbo.

Cool....

I asked about that last year at Power Fest...I started to buy a set from, oh boy, I forgot his name, anyway the guy from Metco. I just couldn't bring myself to break up a set.

What about the plug wires? When you say heat shield you mean the one that shields the small breather?

Boy....I'm glade Teve's not here to catch that spelling error!!!

:cool:

No problem with plug wires unless you run them low, around the rear of the valve cover. By heatshield I mean the one on the firewall that protects the AC stuff.

The stock TR passenger side cover, is not shaped the same as our driver side. The front drive unit is. The TR cover slopes down in the back to provide more firewall clearance so when you put on the front drive unit, it may make contact with the heatshield on the firewall. I just used a crow bar to kind of dimple the shield and now there is no contact.;)

Hey Red I did this same thing last fall but I ground the fins off the back for the clearence, Looks great with two big chrome breathers sitting there

YEAH LARRY........THAT'S A GOOD IDEA. WHEN I FIRST PUT MINE ON, IT WOULD TOUCH ONLY WHEN I PUT THE CAR IN REVERSE DUE TO THE ENGINE SHIFTING. I NOTCHED THE HEAT SHIELD WITH A CROWBAR. GRINDING THE FINS OFF IS A GOOD IDEA BECAUSE YOU DON'T HAVE TO ALTER ANYTHING BUT THE VALVE COVER.