Parts

flyfisherwiz

Picked me up another '79 Buick LeSabre Turbo Sport Coupe ... will call this one the "donor" car. Engine intact, fan shroud gone along with ESC and smog pump. So, I got a 231v6 with parts to spare....I will scavange what body parts I need for my '79 not to mention the rally rims on this one are real cherry and one of the items I was looking for.

Mat231v6: I know you want a PEVR, well, this engine has one. Interested? Lemme know. What's the going rate on one of these things anyway? Anybody?

Anyone else need any parts? Let me know and I'll do what I can. Planning on starting to wrench on it this Friday.

Peter

Picked me up another '79 Buick LeSabre Turbo Sport Coupe ... will call this one the "donor" car. Engine intact, fan shroud gone along with ESC and smog pump. So, I got a 231v6 with parts to spare....I will scavange what body parts I need for my '79 not to mention the rally rims on this one are real cherry and one of the items I was looking for.

Mat231v6: I know you want a PEVR, well, this engine has one. Interested? Lemme know. What's the going rate on one of these things anyway? Anybody?

Anyone else need any parts? Let me know and I'll do what I can. Planning on starting to wrench on it this Friday.

Peter

intrested sent you a PM.

Man this sucks.:mad: I was off line for a day and look what I missed out on.:frown: Wish it had the center but I'm still hoping on Aj to come through for us.:cool:

Quandry now ... I bought this other '79 as non running ... previous owner had not been able to get it to fire ... so I'm poking around the engine this morning and discover that the ground strap inside the distributer coil compartment is missing ... had a spare and installed it and put dizzy back together, hooked up ESC (thanks AJ) gave gas pedal a couple of pumps and she roared to life! Hoooleee Crap! She sounds real nice too took her for a spin down the road too ... very nice! So my quandy, now, is whether to part it out now or not and pull the engine and tranny for a spare?

Quandry now ... I bought this other '79 as non running ... previous owner had not been able to get it to fire ... so I'm poking around the engine this morning and discover that the ground strap inside the distributer coil compartment is missing ... had a spare and installed it and put dizzy back together, hooked up ESC (thanks AJ) gave gas pedal a couple of pumps and she roared to life! Hoooleee Crap! She sounds real nice too took her for a spin down the road too ... very nice! So my quandy, now, is whether to part it out now or not and pull the engine and tranny for a spare?

What kind of shape is the body in? I would hate to see a descent one get chopped:(

What kind of shape is the body in? I would hate to see a descent one get chopped:(

The body is in FAIR shape ... looks like previous owner started to restore ... right front quater panel and trunk are primered ... a bit of rust by rear wheel wells, drivers door had a good dent down by the rocker panel, front bumper is a tweaked a little ... headliner is coming down a little too ... but, really, all in all, pretty solid