Parts GN becomes daily driver becomes drag car

GNregistry

Where can I find articles or links for knock, boost... adjusting FP
GN used be junk car in need of major work... 88,000 mile stock GN Hardtop, then I modded/tuned it for the better... kinda thinking might have been easier buying race car done, but building blocks are needed sometimes before you buy a race horse TSM/TSO car, plus I dont have tow vehicle or trailer...

Purcahsed HardTop GN for daily driver, then life changes in past year... now more of drag car, always wanted to drive it to track, but then i have to baby it so I dont break parts... car loaded at GS Nats 2009 weighing in at 3740 pounds on street tires 13.2 @ 105, since then added few more parts mostly HR parts upper/lower/sway bar/air bags... my GN is my only hobby... no other toys... it is my money pit!

OK, seems i have the parts installed, mods in signature... understand my scanmaster...

Boost is set low (10), WOT no knock

Turn Boost up (15)... WOT no knock

Boost up to 20 pounds, WOT, little knock, how is the knock reduced or eliminated? fuel pressure 41 line off, scanmaster numbers normal...

Where is the DIY manual of how to tune and adjust based on parts installed,

My 60 foot times are over 2.0, therefore trying to reduce
R/R -- Drag Radials,
R/R -- HR dbl adj uppper/lower control arms, dual airbags with spacer

I'm interested in adding new MAF/translator, what version is best for me...
alky might be added once car is running great... dont want to add alky to complicate process, plus I want to see how fast in ET/MPH I can go without redline and without alky

What is the micture on 116 race fuel, should I mix half n half, 93 with 116 (half tank of fuel total on race day...)

Once this is done, then I can learn how to drag race... is it possible that when you burn out in the box, water gets under fender well and drops on tire as you go down the track causing tire spin, this doesn't include any moisture on track seeping up though the cracks....

last year when my car was empty, all I did was spin the tires, this year drove GN to Nats, loaded down, no tires spin, but bad 60 foot time...

You should never use the water box to do a burnout with treaded tires. I roll thru the water and get to the front edge of the wet part of the box, not in the water. Your tires will be slightly wet from rolling thru the water and the wet pavement at the front of the water box will have enough moisture to let ya spin 'em good. Most drag radials only need a quick spin just enough to clean them off and put a little heat in them. Yup, water is thrown in the wheel wells when you are in the deep water.

Try this website, there is tons of info here.

Vortex Turbo Buick Performance

Your fp should be 43lbs line off for starters.

If you are using a TT street chip at 20psi. boost just use 100 octane NO LEAD gas added to an almost empty 93 no lead gas tank.

Since you put race gas or a mix in there you may need a new O2 sensor.

Put the fuel pressure to 43psi. where it belongs.

Skip the water box with drag radials back up to the remnants of the previous guys burnout and there will be enough moisture there, after driving around the box of course.

Leave with 2-4 psi. boost for starters and see what you get.

Regular old translators work fine T+ unit, I just got the GEN II for my second car and it's a bit complicated compared to the old one but it does more so that's a plus.

If you are gonna race with race gas, get a well made race chip with timing and boost level set for what you will be running, along with the proper octane gas for it. And start a few psi. under that setting and tune for 0 KR.

I found the vortex website after posting this and then found and read what I was seeking...

My FP was higher at 42.5 line off but then my MPG was really low, so I turned it down... to 41, MPG came back up, got the car back to WI and tweaked everything, tighen bolts and parts after driving 1,000 miles.... after I left GS Nationals I drove to Maine for 6 weeks....

My 02's might be higher than normal, but I am working on it

There's too many variables to give one number. The only real answer is as much as you can with getting detonation. Sorry if that sounds vague but that's the way it is.