Parking Brake Cable Attachment For Rear Brakes

MCH86GN

I need the parking brake cable attachment and I can't seem to find one at any auto parts store. I'm not sure, but it looks like when people convert to say a Baer Brake System that they remove this from the cable and I'm not sure if the part is connected back up. I also noticed that the stock backing plate is no longer used, however, I can find this part at the auto parts store. Although I would prefer a good stock one.

Hope I can find one or I will be forced to switch to disc brakes in the rear.

You're looking for the parking brake lever in the factory rear drums? How many do you need?:D I already converted to rear disc and I should still have the parts some where.:)

You're looking for the parking brake lever in the factory rear drums? How many do you need?:D I already converted to rear disc and I should still have the parts some where.:)

Yes I'm looking for the factory parking brake lever for the rear drum brakes. I should just need one, but if you have two and want to part with both I will take them. Considering how easily I broke the last one, it would not be a bad idea to have one for backup.

Also, let me know you have the backing plate.

Thanks,
Charles

Got backing plates as well. Are you looking for L or R side?
Charlie, I'm looking for the passenger side. I always get confused on the right/left, because I'm not sure if you are viewing from the rear or from the front. So, I'll take the backing and the parking brake lever for the passengers side. If you could get me a price and let me know how you would like to receive payment, I will get that on its way.

I'll be spending most of the afternoon in the shop today so I'll see if I can take some pics for you. One thing you've got to remember, all positions on the car are as if you were sitting in the drivers seat.

I'll be spending most of the afternoon in the shop today so I'll see if I can take some pics for you. One thing you've got to remember, all positions on the car are as if you were sitting in the drivers seat.

Thank you, so I would need the right hand side. My email address is clowe@a123systems.com if you want to send the pictures directly to me.

Just sent you an email so check to see if you got it. I'm about to head out to the shop and see what I can do about some pics for you.:)

Just sent you an email so check to see if you got it. I'm about to head out to the shop and see what I can do about some pics for you.:)
Found the levers but can't find the backing plates for some reason. I've been a little busy this week and I should be slow tomorrow so hopefully I can find them then.

Charlie,
I found the backing plate at Autozone. If you are not able to locate them, I should be ok with just the levers.

Cool them I know where they are right now so PM me some info and I'll see about shipping them cheap to you. I don't need them so just pay the shipping and they're yours.:)

Cool them I know where they are right now so PM me some info and I'll see about shipping them cheap to you. I don't need them so just pay the shipping and they're yours.:)
Wow, thanks a lot. If these work and I have no reason to believe otherwise, you will have saved me money and possible headache. I did find the parking brake lever for 86 Turbo Regal, but it didn't look like the one I pulled. I will exercise a little more diligence in the future, as my mistake has cost me cruising and track time.
For anyone who wants to know, I had my car hoisted and I was changing the transmission fluid and I started the car and put it in D and not thinking I pressed the parking brake. There went the entire drum setup on the passengers side of the car. Wheel cylinder, existing brake line fitting sheered off and most of the other components were bent and no longer usable. Hopefully it isn't that costly of a mistake, but it is time consuming and takes away from enjoying my car.

Got the spacer bar for the shoes as well if you need them. I've got most of the hardware but for some reason I just can't figure out where the heck the backing plates went to.:mad:

Got the spacer bar for the shoes as well if you need them. I've got most of the hardware but for some reason I just can't figure out where the heck the backing plates went to.:mad:
Ok, I will take the following:
Brake Drum Bar
Brake Adjuster (spacer)
Brake self Adjuster (another lever)

If you happen to locate the backing plate, I will take that to. Also there is washer/spacer that goes behind where the springs mount. If you can find that part I need it as well. Also let me know if you need pictures. I can take them today and post them or email them to you or both.

I'll see about digging the parts out then. I didn't get the time to take a pic yesterday but hopefully I can today.