Park those Wipers, Jerky!

6=8

11 Year GN Owner/Operator
I need a little help.

It is finally raining here in CA and I thought I had this problem licked, but...

On Monday, while I was replacing the Alternator, I decided to break out my printed copy of the wiper adjustment procedure (found on GNTTYPE) and I was happy to see, on my dry windshield, the wipers fully park. In the 10 or so years I have driven this car, it was the first time! Sweet!

Unfortunatly, now that the windsheild is nice and wet, they do not park when shut off. Strange as is seems, when I turn the wipers back on, they fully retract and then come back out.

I'm thinking that maybe I went too far on the adjustment? Or is there an adjustment on the motor itself? I notice during intermittant/timer operation that the wipers do a little jerk when they start each cycle. It goes something like this:

They run up, then down and pause... When this cycle is repeated, the wipers actually run down slightly (Jerk) then up, back down and pause. It is like the "Pause" should be at a slightly lower position.

I have to wait until the rain lets up to try it again, however, I'm looking for anyones ideas...

Thanks!

Is it not sitting all the way in? If this is the case where the arm attaches to the motor there is two 10mm nuts loosen it and readjust it.

Thanks TurboV6. I think that is my first step. I'll adjust it again... I may have adjusted it too far on those 2 10 mm bolts, or they slipped back to the previous adjustment.

Maybe if I ask it this way:

Is this is the only adjustment? The 2 10mm bolt seems to adjust the length of the linkage.

I was wondering if you can adjust where the motor itself shuts off. I wanted to check before I "Complete" the adjustment procedure listed on GNTTYPE.ORG. It involves bending and tweaking!

Thanks!

I would disconnect the wiper arm going to the motor, run the wiper motor once let it completly shut off, turn off the ignition and attach the wiper arm and go from there. Just make shure its not putting too much tension when its retracts back down (off). If it does then back off on the adjustment at the motor.