Park, NO reverse and 5 forwards.

Turbo1dr

9 Sec Wanna-Be
Soon after I installed my stroker engine I've noticed that I could "roll on the throttle" and make the transmission slip in 2nd and occasionally in 3rd. It's not the normal slip, like the engine revs free but it's a violent jerking of the entire car...sort of like wheel hop. It won't do it if I just nail the throttle to the floor...just part throttle as the boost rises. I figured the pressures weren't high enough in the transmission and that's what caused that problem.

Well, today I went to the drag strip and made a couple of runs. I also felt that "wheel hop jerking" when the car shifted into 2nd and then it would stop. It didn't do it in 3rd. I also didn't try it again so I packed my stuff up and started to leave but the car would not move in reverse. It acted like it was in two gears. I put it in neutral and the car moved forward like it was in gear. So, I left the drag strip and all the forward gears worked fine like nothing happened...shift points were perfect, firmness...everything. I have C/K's kit with double fed third clutch and a billet drum or something that was required for making dual feeding reliable.

Also, I pulled the pan today and there was normal wear on the magnet. No big metal chunks and the fluid nice and red too.

What do you think could have happened? A friend said it may be a sprag busted???
What kind of line pressures are required for 9 second 200-4R's at idle & WOT?
Is there a pressure regulator spring I could slip in it instead of calibrating the entire valve body again?

This is the first time I've ever broke the transmission after many miles and drag strip runs. I've had EXTREMELY good luck with it; except today.:D I had it built back in 1998 and had it freshened up again in 2006...not because it broke. I just thought it might need it after all those years.

Sounds Like The Forward Clutch Is Burnt And Not Releasing Therefore You Have No Reverse If The Ring Gear Is Driven In Reverse Or Neutral.if You Rev It Up In Neutral Youll Probably Notice It Will Try To Pull Forward

Yes, it will pull forward in neutral just like it was in gear. Just put it in neutral and mash the gas and it's just like the lever is in drive.

Is there a simple pressure regulator/TV spring swap to get the pressures higher at part throttle and WOT but keep the low shifting kinda soft for around town use?:D

This could possibly make a car slower than normal? My RPM's are in the upper 5000 to 6100 rpms at WOT. Looks like it would have over revved the engine with slipping clutches???

This sure sounds like NO easy fix. If the forward clutch is on all the time it would cause exactly what is happening.