Pallex vs Exclusive Seat Covers...

Blown&Injected

Trying to decide on what fabric to use for seats and door panels. The Exclusive looks great but it is half the thickness of the Pallex.

I have been looking but have not noticed any recent talk on how the Exclusive is holding-up.

How has your experience been with the Exclusive Fabric?

Good thread!!! I've been thinking the same thing, As interior is this year's winter project...Mike

Exclusive in grey....
The upholstery shop where I had these installed commented that the quality is top notch. Only had them in the car for a month or so now. The fabric really *POPS*, very eye catching.

image.jpg

I recovered mine with jax years ago, but you really need to redo the front seat foam and springs to make it feel like new. So, a few years later I just got new Corbeau seats in microsuede. I like it way better, but that's just me.

From my understanding, the factory Pallex material has long been discontinued. So I believe what Highway Stars offers is the only material really left that is a close match to the original pallex.

MAN, that looks great.
Yeah, the Exclusive does have a good shimmer to it while the Pallex is a bit dull or flat, but the Exclusive also is half as thick as the Pallex. I seriously doubt the interior will see 1/100th of the wear it got the first couple of years of use but I do worry about how it will hold up.

These are the exclusive seat covers with PUI velour upper door panels for T's (double stitch) from Highway Stars. The door panels are 4 years old and the seat covers are 7 months old. Straps, correct strap covers, and escutcheons all nos.

015.jpg 016.jpg

I am in the same boat. I have been researching what covers to use. I contacted highway starts and they sent out some sample material. Going to compare to the factory original.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I still have the originals seats, But I would go with the exclusive material seat covers from highwaystars if I were to replace, I think they match closes to factory. The palex material seems darker from looking from some angles. Not bad but to me looks alittle different. To me the pattern of the material in palex is closer to factory but grey colour seems a slight darker....The exclusive looks like a nice replacement from stock, my 2 cents..looks original, highwaystars(nos4gn) has a video on youtube on the seat material options. check it out

Last edited:
I am in the same boat. I have been researching what covers to use. I contacted highway starts and they sent out some sample material. Going to compare to the factory original.

I am curious to learn what you think about the different types of fabric they send you.

As mentioned, none of them are the perfect match but all the stuff looks mighty good from the pics getting posted.

I did not find the color to be off much at all. The big difference is the shine of the Exclusive. It looks like it might have more shine to it than the original fabric, but then the current Pallex seems to have much less shine to it than the original.

The Pallex actually matches quite close to the original and it seems like it should hold up better being about twice as thick as the Exclusive.....but then again, the car is not getting driven like it was when it was new...What to do, this ain't just a different brand of air filter.

The grey in my Exclusive GN seats is darker than the originals BUT that may be due to fading over time. It does also feel softer and the pile seems to be a touch longer. All I can say is that I am extremely happy with the choice!

I am curious to learn what you think about the different types of fabric they send you.

As mentioned, none of them are the perfect match but all the stuff looks mighty good from the pics getting posted.

I did not find the color to be off much at all. The big difference is the shine of the Exclusive. It looks like it might have more shine to it than the original fabric, but then the current Pallex seems to have much less shine to it than the original.

The Pallex actually matches quite close to the original and it seems like it should hold up better being about twice as thick as the Exclusive.....but then again, the car is not getting driven like it was when it was new...What to do, this ain't just a different brand of air filter.
The oe seats in my old GN were almost identical to the exclusive shine. I'm pretty sure there was some variants in the palex color 85/87. There's still some oe gn material on Ebay if you wanna go the hella expensive route.

I received the material from highway stars but have not had the car out in the sunlight to compare. On a side note. I have a highly awarded auto upholstery place local to me. They did some research and one off their suppliers still has some factory material available....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk