Painting T wheels

MY T FAST

gents,
let me start by saying money is tight, which is why powdercoating is out. the logic behind this little project is twofold, 1) stock T wheels are a ROYAL F*$&ING PAIN to keep clean and 2) i have always loved the look of the 84-5 GN wheels :cool:

anyway, here's my question: due to my 'frugal' financial state (aka i'm broke) what is the best paint y'all would recommend for my stock T wheels. i'm going to paint them identical to the 84-5 GN wheels. i'm not going for a professional look, but something that will look well done and hopefully last a while. probably not going to paint the smooth aluminum portions, just polish them, so i only need your recommendations on black paint. Thanks in advance, fellas.
Talon

Ive had really good results with american tradition ultra enamel gloss black, let dry,then hit it with dupli-color engine enamel clear for protection and easy cleaning, you will be amazed, as long as you prep the surface really well. good luck.

If this is the result you are looking for, any bright silver, bumper chrome type rattle can.

Use eagle one etching mag cleaner. It works great. Otherwise like Red regal says

thanks but...

thanks for the replies boys, but here is what i want my wheels to look like. Red, yours sure are purdy, but i like this look better. :cool: IMO the wheels don't look bad either.;)

Attachments

• 84gnwheel.jpg
    84gnwheel.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 165
Well, I have to agree. But on the wheels, we're simply talking silver first, then some masking tape, then black next. Clear over the whole mess will be just fine. :D