painted motor not happy

javierpuga

this weekend i decided to paint my motor but after it was done was not happy with result is there a paint remover out there that i can use i painted over 2 injectors and a couple of sensors and the block intake headers. i used dupont 1200 temp paint silver

does anybody now of a good paint remover im getting ready to install the motor but wanted to remove the paint first

Lacquer thinner should work with that spray can stuff but the way I see it, you're gonna make a mess, no matter what.

You can also try laquer thinner sold at many auto parts stores available in quart and gallon size. A quart should be enough and usually works real well removing spray can paint, wipe or brush on just like cleaning greasy parts, wipe excess, the stuff dries almost instantly, you may have to do this 2-3 times and your ready to paint with a nice clean surface. Laquer thinner is very flammable, use rubber gloves if you can and use in ventilated area. Note, it usually does not remove any factory paint, the Buick intakes have some kind of whitish epoxy coating from the factory and is very durable and makes a good base to paint over, after wiping intake down with laquer thinner you will have this white coating still there, paint over it and you should be set, good luck!

is the spray can strippper safe with plastics it wont melt or stain them beacuase i got paint on my injectors and a couple of sensores

IMO
If the engine is on the stand, it is way easy to work on and if you are concerned with looks, you should take the parts that need cleaning off the engine for a proper cleaning and painting.

So the motor was together and you just sprayed the whole thing silver injectors and all. Usually I paint the block and heads, front cover,oil pan together, then the intake and valve covers seperate and with a different color, also the intake should be bare with no injectors when painted.:confused:

no every thing was taped up but paint got in thru the top i just want to take off all the paint on the intake every thing else came out ok

your post is really confusing.

so the injectors and sensors don't matter now? In that case, why not just remove the pieces that you oversprayed onto and clean them up seperately. Otherwise it sounds like you'll just be doing the same thing (overspraying other parts you don't want, except with paint thinner this time...)

aircraft remover and paint thinner are not good for plastics. Also aircraft remover is not recomended for aluminum. it will stain it

i thought aircraft stripper was MADE for aluminum- you know, since it was originally made for airplaines that are made out of mostly aluminum...

i tested it before i sprayed it on any motor parts to be sure that it was safe it worked perfect it took off everything even the paint on the plastics. it did not melt or harm any of the plastic parts its a very strong paint remover

moreturbo004.jpg

moreturbo003.jpg

moreturbo002.jpg

badge1.jpg

paint or polish.. thats my motto.