Paint Question

slant 6

Does anyone know what rattle can manufacturers and paint name or p/n would be close to stock for a GN for the following? Or can you direct me to a thread that already covers this?

Wheel well trim

Rear tail light housing

Window trim front and rear

T Top trim.

Thanks alot!

Oh! How about paint pens for the body? Do you have a p/n for that too?

Thanks for the help!

I can't speak to t tops, but all the other trim you cited is satin black, is it not? In which case, the SEM is perfect.

Don't know about paint pens.

strike

Thanks David65. I have the brush in bottle style. Hard to work with. At least for me. I know they have actual paint pens, like you use on model cars. I'll have to stop at the dealer and see if they carry the old paint code in that style.

Thanks Strike. I picked up a can. I'll try it on the wheel well trim first and see what the finish looks like. The cap looks like it represents flat black. But if it's semi gloss, I would think that would look right. I've put wax on my t tops for years, so I don't know what the metal should look like there anymore!

touch up pen

I use a match to dobble. I take one from match book, razor blade it to a point, flick it a few times to soften then swirl it in the chips.

just idea

mike

Hey Strike, are you sure about that SEM product for the wheel well trim? I bought some and applied to a small area. That stuff is totally flat. My trim is original and it has a semi gloss finish to it. Unless I don't remember it being flat and it's just got wax on it over the years.

Any other suggestions?