MUST BE STOCK 87 Grand National for comparison of new vs old
details coming soon in an email...
Spread the word until I get more details of who to contact and what is needed

STOCK 87 GN only

The magazine is located in California

Editorial Write Up 87 GN, Edmunds.com Inside Line

Brett,

Thanks for taking my call.

I'm a writer for Edmunds.com's Inside Line (Inside Line: News, Road Tests, Auto Shows, Car Photos and Videos) looking for a stock (as close to stock as possible) Grand National in the Southern California area for editorial we're generating. It's basically a chance to bring the greatest turbo Regal up against the latest turbo Regal, the new 2011 Regal GS.

We've done several similar stories before. Here are some links so people can see what we're up to.

1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 vs. 2010 Dodge Viper SRT-10
1994 Dodge Viper RT/10 Meets 2009 Dodge Viper SRT10

2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 vs. 1992 Ford Mustang GT 5.0
2011 Ford Mustang GT 5.0 vs. 1992 Ford Mustang GT 5.0

1998 Acura Integra Type-R vs. 2010 Honda Civic Si
1998 Acura Integra Type R vs. 2010 Honda Civic Si

Ideally we'd like to test the Grand National at the drag strip at Auto Club Speedway in Fontana. However we won't do anything with which the owner isn't comfortable. All our testing is non-destructive and done with utmost care -- despite the fact that we sometimes like to write about more colorfully.

Even more important than the testing, however, is photography. It will take a full day to photograph the car with much of the work taking place just before sunset.

We'll pay for gas, buy lunch and dinner if anyone wants to hang around that long, and offer up a small cash stipend in appreciation ($150). And we guarantee it will be fun, or we'll die trying to make it so.

We're hoping to put this all together in the next two weeks so time is of the essence.

Once again Brett, thanks for all the help and consideration. I can be reached at the numbers and eMail address below.

John Pearley Huffman
P.O. Box 447
Santa Barbara, CA 93102
(805) 687-6723 (Office)
(805) 407-6723 (Cell)
Pearley@aol.com

Ding ding ding, I think we have a winner:) I saw this thread, realized that my car was nowhere near what they were looking for but thought of another Mission Viejo GN owner that had *exactly* the right car:wink:. Reached out to Huffman, he contacted said MV guy, they are talking about details tomorrow. Should be a fun write up:cool:

Alan

Thank You

Hey Guys thanks for stepping up, if you got what they need call or email them directly and post back here what happens

GNX or GN... ??? I am the relay man... passing on the information
Thank You
Brett

California and Florida owners get all the coverage haha...
great sunset and background shoot...