Oxygen Sensors....

Realspool

I am looking to replace my oxygen sensor.I have heard of the AC denso unit sensor,Bosch sensor.I do not need or want a heated O2 sensor at all.Anybody know which sensor tends to last the longest and is just the best all around sensor for a street driven Modified Turbo Regal period? Thanks for your opinions.:)

Denso part number 234-1001. Cheap, last forever, and can stand up to lead.

Order at sparkplugs.com HTH :D

Thanks for the part #.Only thing is I won't be using leaded gasoline.The AC denso unit still is the best 02 sensor out there though right? Thanks Realspool

I think the AC Delco unit is still around 30 clams from gmpartsdirect or a Buick vendor.

Yeah the AC and the Denso are equally good IMO. Denso is cheaper and it will last just as long as the AC. The fact it withstands lead just goes to show its durability.

Try partszoneonline.com (for AC Delco) as gmpartsdirect is moving their warehouse and orders are taking forever.

Howdy,

Who makes the best heated O2? I'm upgrading but didn't get the sensor with the harness.

Thanks,

If you are running leaded gas, Densos the best period. There are a couple testimonial posts on here. If you don't run lead then the Delco and Denso both make good heated sensors (not sure on PN). Stay away from Bosch -- they tend not to last.

Originally posted by MistaScott
If you are running leaded gas, Densos the best period. There are a couple testimonial posts on here. If you don't run lead then the Delco and Denso both make good heated sensors (not sure on PN). Stay away from Bosch -- they tend not to last.

Guess I got lucky with the 2 years of 24 hour trips and lots of race gas on my Bosch Heated sensor. Interesting.

Taffy -- My statement is based on reading the posts on o2 sensors on the various boards -- nothing scientific. Heated o2s (including Bosch) will last longer and stand up to lead better than non-heated.

Originally posted by MistaScott
Taffy -- My statement is based on reading the posts on o2 sensors on the various boards -- nothing scientific. Heated o2s (including Bosch) will last longer and stand up to lead better than non-heated.

Heck yes. I went through 5 or so non heated units then got the heated unit and it never went bad in 2 years.