Overkill?

CuzzinOlaf

I'm dropping my car off with Jimmy to do his Stage II transmission build and convertor. I'm on the fence of doing the Stage III just because he'll have everything apart. It is probably overkill for my current build but I'd like to get the car down to the low 11's eventually. Does anyone have any thought on this?

http://jimmys-trans.com/

There is no such thing as over kill. You will eventually get that car fast enough to find the weak link. Don't let it be something you had out and apart already (if you can afford it).

This goes back to one of the old sayings on the board. Build it for the 10's and run it in the 11's and it will last a long time. Build it for 10's and run in the 10's and it'll make at least 1 run.;)

I'm having Jimmy do a Stage III within the next few weeks here. I say just fork out the cash and be done with it for good. Not to mention i hear he backs his work like no other...

I'm having Jimmy do a Stage III within the next few weeks here. I say just fork out the cash and be done with it for good. Not to mention i hear he backs his work like no other...

I ended up going the Stage III route. Like you said, just get it over with and never have to worry. My car is with him now and I hope to get it back tomorrow or Monday. He's a great guy and will explain everything to you. Now I can't wait to drive it!!!!

I ended up going the Stage III route. Like you said, just get it over with and never have to worry. My car is with him now and I hope to get it back tomorrow or Monday. He's a great guy and will explain everything to you. Now I can't wait to drive it!!!!

Good choice!!! Now no matter what kinda power you throw at the car you will be good to go. Did you also go with a nice external cooler?

Yes, sir. Just got the car back an hour ago. :) Next step, get my drag radials put on tomorrow, throw in the new injectors and TT chip, and then burn some corn.