over spray removal

THE BLACK MAMBA

Just got the car back from the bodyshop and i have alittle overspray on my sunroof....What is the safest thing to use to remove it...

A clay bar works pretty good however with black you have to be careful not to scratch it in the process.

Just on the glass? A papertowel with a little lacquer thinner or even a little nail polish remover. Do I have to caution you not to spill it on the paint?:rolleyes:

I've never seen a clay bar scratch paint especially if it is clean and new. That is IMO by far the best way to remove overspray. If it is on the moonroof it is likely on the paint run your hand over it and feel if it is rough.

If you have urethane paint you are OK to use lacquer thinner to clean the over spray. I use it every time I wash my car to get heavy road tar and light scratch marks off. I would avoid acetone aka nail polish remover. I would still be careful and not leave it sit on the paint for long but I have never had a problem with it. I wouldnt use it on a large area just small spots. Again if the whole roof had overspray on it I would use a clay bar.

I would be REALLY careful with a razor blade and steel wool on glass. They both can and will scratch, if you use a razor blade make sure it is new, clean and go slow.

X2 for the 0000 steel wool. I've been using it on glass for many years and have never had a problem with it causing scratches. It's the safest, quickest, easiest, and cheapest way to get ANYTHING off your glass or steel chromed parts. It works great for overspray, dead bugs, road tar, tree sap, etc. DO NOT use it on plastic chromed pieces as it will scratch those.

Fine grade clay bar works the best an fastest,use with some spray quick detailer.....
With "0000" grade steel whool,you can still goober the black trim/soft rubber around the windows themselves.
Razor blades ok too, but only use it One Way in an angle, if you reverse it in your hand ,it can cut an scratch,form the blade then use
You can use windex an magic eraser to, just make sure surface always wet,do in the shade

Enjoy!

Get a "Speedy Surface Prep" towel from SM Arnold and you'll never use a clay bar again.

Trust me....... or don't.

But get one of those towles, follow the directions and you'll thank me.