Outside wood boilers?

TWISTER

I had a Central Boiler for the last 9 years and after 7 I paid $1000 to put and new floor in it and this year the side of it has rusted out and is pitted so bad it is unrepairable. Odd thing is the neighbor has the same one that has done the same thing. Central has offered me a discount for a new one but they want $7040 to replace a boiler I paid $5600 for 9 years ago. New it is $9200. Im just fed up with them and want to go a different route so does anyone have any experience with a Portage and Main boiler. I can't see buying another central when they are a piss poor design and are only welded on one side and has failed me and the neighbor after 7 years. Sorry for the rant here but I planned on getting 15-20 years from it so it was taken care of. Frame will probably have given out within another 2 years..so its not just the firebox and water jacket issue. TIA

I had an Empyre 450... it was an outstanding unit build wise. Had a full stainless inside burn box. Outside was all powdercoated. I had it for 6 years and never had an issue.. except one. It burnt an UNREAL amount of wood but they all do from everyone I talk to that has any brand of outdoor wood burner. I cleaned 8 acres of woods up in 6 years and had enough. I wasnt gonna cut down good trees to feed it anymore. I sold that unit for almost what I paid for it a couple years ago. That brand may be about the most expensive but its def a case of you get what you pay for.