Out of control clading prices

geno

9sec 17MPG Street Car
Staff member
I just bought a typhoon and it needs the right rear corner clading:( The only guy that has a NOS one wants $900 for it:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What a joke for a piece of plastic... My truck is nice but $900 for a piece of plastic,thats out of control:eek: Thats 1/3 of what i paid for the truck from the original owner with 94,000 mile and no dents or rust with nice paint. I might part it out before i spend $900 for a plastic part:rolleyes: I thought guys asking $300 for a NOS GN dash plaque was out of control but this clading is enough to make want to junk the truck;) Sorry i needed to vent before i consider parting out a nice truck because it needs a plastic piece:mad:

Your best bet is to put a wanted post on www.syty.net forums. A good shape used one can be had for $250ish.

You paid $2,700 for your Ty? Well done indeed! Your signature shows '91 Typhoon though..:confused:

The truck in nice shape inside and out with no dents or rips:)
I really paid $3500 witch i thought was a good deal but this clading is over the top for $900:confused: Ill pay $250 or so like im going to on the RF wheel opening piece..I will post some pics later when its not raining out;)

Geno, are the claddings missing or just torn or broke? I do have the ability to fix those pieces!:D

Theif Thief Theif, you basically stole that truck if it has a clean title, ive seen slick deals come up on these trucks but I think your at the top of the list now. Congrats and enjoy that SWEET ride.

Welcome to the world of syty cladding prices. :D

How come you paid so little for your truck? Rebuilt engine? Salvage title?

Also looks like you need the pass side front wheel arch. ?

Originally posted by blk00z28
Welcome to the world of syty cladding prices. :D

How come you paid so little for your truck? Rebuilt engine? Salvage title?
I was at the right place at the right time and it has original motor with no title problems....The guy i bought it from has more money than brains...]
Also looks like you need the pass side front wheel arch. ?
Thats not to bad of a price, its the R/R corner piece that tipped me over