Osceola track...

Hi Guys - I've seen a few remarks about the above captioned track. Could you please tell me what your issues were so that maybe we can address them next year? (except for scales)

Thanks!

Most of the complaints this year are about the condition of the track. The lack of prep and the big cracks. Also the fact that they canceled the test and tune Friday. We got there and the place was dry.

Is it possible to move the race? I think Muncie deserves a very good look. Its not too far away from Osceola and I'm sure there would be no complaints.

Regardless, thanks for your time putting these races together! I think its great that a promoter takes the time like this for suggestions.

We think that if the track looks that bad after this winter what is next year gonna look like . We like all of the people there but sucks to drive the night before to chat. I don't think vht is going to help the other half of the track. There is a speed bump in the right lane at the concrete to asphalt transition. No night racing at all. You guy's put on a great show but a different track would make it better. We raced till almost midnight last night.
Ronnie Team Banana

I have to agree with Kevin and Ronnie. The track is getting really ruff. I would think the TSO cars would have a hard time keeping the cars hooked up. It would be nice also to be able to have the race a little latter in the year like it used to be in cooler weather. Please don't take this the wrong way. You guys do a great job putting on this race. Keep up the good work. Thanks.

I agree with all of the above, but thought for sure someone would have commented about the bathroom situation as well -lol.

No personal offense has been taken - that's why I asked what the issues were.

We are committed to working with Osceola to get the bugs worked out. It sounds like things will be much better next year - at least the track wants to work on it, with us.

Cliff, trust me, I'll be glad to see the new bathrooms in working order next year. The building is in place, as I'm sure you saw. You guys know how much of a problem it can be to get the various contractors to work with you - imagine how much worse it can be for a race track! Tim's been trying to get this stuff done since last year! At least we still had flushables, not porto-potties.

Thanks for attending, you guys.

That is the first 1/4 mile track I've seen with ZERO prep done after the 1/8 mile. The TSO cars couldn't stay hooked after the 1/8 were it is especially dangerous. My car even with new slicks was spinning at the top of third. They need to prep the ENTIRE track and they need to start doing it before we get there. If TSO is there next year and conditions are the same we will have to look at running 1/8 mile instead.

I was not sure how far out they prepped the track either. My car was chirping the tires in 2nd gear pretty hard. It has never done that before except on the street. And my car is relatively slow. I also noticed the left lane was really bouncy at the end of the track. I thought my car was falling apart at the end of my first pass. :p

The event was great. But the track could use some attention.

I would think you would get a better turn out at Muncie since there are alot of Buick people closer to Muncie. If they don't want to move the event maybe the TSM/TSO guys can have an event at Muncie:D

Small issue but a real PIA. The no re-entry is one of the most stupid track rules I have ever seen. Had to pay to re-enter after going to have new slicks put on to race. Then told we had to have permission to leave from an older lady with an attitude. "WTF is that all about" I personally hated Morocco. Not the track as much as the 30-45min drive to get something to eat or anything else. (I hear Muncie has same issue) This is a plus plus at Osceola no problem with restaurants and motels thats for sure. I will be back next year.

Hi Lonnie - we've already got a plan in place for the no re-entry issue. We talked to some of the track personnel and will have wrist bands for next year. We really like the location, as far as hotels and restaurants go, too. US 41 will never be considered for our event, again.

The track is going to work with us in regards to track surface, next year. No, we don't have a date yet. That might not happen until after the first of the year.

Thanks for your support!

Small issue but a real PIA. The no re-entry is one of the most stupid track rules I have ever seen. Had to pay to re-enter after going to have new slicks put on to race. Then told we had to have permission to leave from an older lady with an attitude. "WTF is that all about" I personally hated Morocco. Not the track as much as the 30-45min drive to get something to eat or anything else. (I hear Muncie has same issue) This is a plus plus at Osceola no problem with restaurants and motels thats for sure. I will be back next year.

lonnie, from the track you can be to resturants and motels in muncie and albany. in 10 to 15 minutes . it took me 30 minutes to get to red roof inn from osceola dragway, i can pull my trailer to muncie dragway from my home in pendleton in 45 minutes, as far as osceola and bunker hill dragway , to me they both are dumps compaired to muncie, just my opinion,:)

Lonnie, Muncie has a mall and every kind of restaurant within 10 miles from the track. It is the best track we race at, unlike you were are there for racing not food. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

Lonnie, Muncie has a mall and every kind of restaurant within 10 miles from the track. It is the best track we race at, unlike you were are there for racing not food. :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

I am not there to race thats for sure. The only thing I got to run right is my mouth. You got me beat there.

I am not there to race thats for sure. The only thing I got to run right is my mouth. You got me beat there.

If it was'nt for you Lonnie ,alot of the north would not run. You keep most of them running at the races. We want to thank you for all your help .