Opinoins on ATR Cold Air Package

LosOjos

I'm looking for opinions on the HP325 Straight Shot cold air package that ATR sells. It looks really clean installed, but what about power?

Great question...have not seen them installed...hope someone has a pic, with their firsthand opinion about it. :confused:

that is way old tech...much better cold air stuff available elsewhere that actually locates the filter outside the engine compartment.......BFH, Tinman, Tomka all much better (my ATR catalog is old...ASSume this is the canister type..)

Yes, the ATR is still the canister type. I currently have the Kenne Bell cold air system (also a canister type), which has a scoop that mounts on the bottom of the front air dam. I'm tired of that scoop getting torn off by parking lot bump stops and speed bumps, so I'm looking to upgrade.

Regardless of cost, what is the best ColdAir set-up?

Anyone have links/pics of the units mentioned in prior post?

how close is the air filter to the ground on the big mouth kit. my last car had a cold air system. and i went under a tunnel when it was raining and it sucked in water and died. the other car is a little bit lower than the gn though.

Whose the U-boat commander?

Sorry QuickBrick couldn't resist using that quote from the movie Risky Business! The bottom of the air filter included in my Big Mouth kit sits even with the air dam. It is 7" from the ground on my GN but my car sits real low so on a stock suspension car it would probably be about 9" from the ground. If you are fording streams that deep I wouldn't recommend doing that in any car.

4" TINMAN Cold-air kit

LosOjos,

The "Original" TINMAN 4" Cold-Air induction kit will work great on your car. It uses a superior AfE re-usable filter that fits about 1/2" above the bottom of your air dam. It won't suck-up water even in a heavy rain storm. It uses lite-weight ,smooth bend, galv coated metal elbows for corrosion resistance (and less weight on the front of your car!), it's easy to install (30-45 min.), no cutting or drilling, looks great installed, has been flo-bench tested, and will take you from stock all the way into the 9's if you so desire!
Click here to see pics: http://members.fortunecity.com/modelman5/tinmancoldairkit.htm

Take-Care
Al:cool:

i usually never drive in rain like that. but i was coming home from my brothers house when it started pouring rain. it was dark out and didnt see the foot of water under the overpass. i had no time to stop and turn around. i just prayed hard, pushed in the clutch and coasted through. i had to pull the intake pipe off to drive home. i sold the car right after.:D

Doesn't someone make a Cold Air set-up that is routed within the DS fender and accepts a 4x14" filter?

Seems as if I read someone's post on this not long ago. :confused:

dont waste your money on atr's or tin man go with mark hueffmans kit it's almost identical and works great mines awesome. 110.00 shipped.

Just to clarify on prices, GNXIS must have purchase an aluminized steel kit without a filter. Prices depend on which finish you want the kit in and it is available with or without the air filter. Also our kits are designed to be used with a solid MAF pipe and we also supply pipes in 3",3.5" and now 4" sizes! The 4" pipes are inlet pipes actually as they are designed to be used for those running a Felpro or DFI setup without a MAF sensor.

Just ordered one from Mark Heuffman w/MFR alum. pipe $208.95 including shipping. Any ideas on performance gains with a stock 87 GN?