opinion on paint/body work

lilredss0287

i wanted to get everyone's opinion...

would getting scratches fixed/repainted be worth it or should i just wait to get the whole car painted but keep in mind the rest of the car is in very good condition all thats wrong is driver door has scratches prettty deep, quarter size dent on hood , and a lil rust on rear quarters from the wheel well trim that was removed and the screw holes werent filled correctly i guess, and my new fillers need to be painted

would all that be around the price of getting whole car painted or would i save money getting the little things fixed???

im a body / paint man ..30 years. if its black u can paint each panel as neccesary, get some estimates each way, remember this... if the car is nice dont shop price, shop quality, say that to yourself a few times. if the car is a so so driver dont spend 6 grand on a 6000 car, also if u go to a shop look at cars they have done and look at what THEY call ready to deliver and look at the shop if its a dungeon with turds in it ( im talking cars and crew here, run. ) watch out for back yard i can paint your car at home cheap deals buy somebody that knows somebody.

well i was just hoping to get all the imperfections fixed without having to get rid of the stock paint job that is id say a 8 of out 10 ...

if i gave it to you and said i wanted the driver door repainted, fillers painted, the rust spot on the bottom of the quarter panel about a nickel size hole (i already stripped it to metal took out the rest and it ended being the screw hole rusted up so i put some grey primer and some basic black spray paint for now) and also the quarter size dent on the hood from the up pipe clamp hitting the hood when the up pipe blew off during boost

what would be your guestimation on price :rolleyes:

I've been told to expect $500 per panel- so trunk, hood, and roof=3panels, then add 2 doors, two fenders, and two quarter panels=6 panels, so 9 panels X $500=$4500. Just an estimate. Actually, I spent $5500 as there was a bit more labor involved.