open exhaust

ricturbo

I have been driven my car with the exhaust uncapped daily driver will this hurt the engine in anyway??

No but you will get tired of that real quick.

tired?? Wtf!! Lol... Never!!!but i think the law man would stop you..

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

drove mine 8yrs dp uncapped from state to state ... its not that loud and no it wont hurt your engine... I did get asked at the Nc autofair by other TR people what cam I was running I told them stock! they looked at me crazy

I have an electric cutout that's open 90% of the time. I pretty much only close it when coming in and out of my neighborhood. I've had a guys ask about my cam once too, he was convinced it wasn't stock (which it is). Pretty funny!

It's actually quieter at highway speeds if you have an exhaust with a lot of drone.

Only thing I see it hurting is your hearing, other people's hearing, and the hearts of your local ricers!

I would love to hear what that sounds like, anyone have a vid to post? I use to run my 07 Shelby with open exhaust.

Thanks for posting, that sounds real good. Love the sounds of that spool. Anyone know what kind of turbo?

Can't tell a turbo by its sound...my stock turbo, 44, 60 all sound like that uncapped.

Only thing about running it uncapped all the time is that on light colored cars is lower door area might turn black. Think about all the Hondas and crap and you see that black crap all over the rear bumper. Same thing...