Only 10 pounds of boost

leehatten

turbo rust
Need help at WOT i can only get about 11 psi of boost the waste is is wide open there is no vac. leak no exhaust leak there is no play in the turbo wheel what could it be i have no codes it runs ok
tell me what u thinkl
thank your very much

85gn with 87 IC swap

are you sure the wastegate is holding? if in doubt wire the flapper shut with saftey wire and take it out for a spin. be careful not to over boost. see what happens

i just read your post again. you put the wastegate is wide open. What do u mean? Is it adjustable? is it tightend down? you want to tighten it to get more boost not loosen it.also when you do the saftey wire be very careful not to over boost. roll into it slowly. if it builds boost get back to use. this is one way to check a few things.

tried the saftey wire but it didnt work for kept comming off so i look at my adj waste gate and saw it was not tight turned it till it was really tight now im getting 13 to 14 psi but its like i got a lot of lag it i cant smoke the tire if i dont power brake it i dont have a stall i dont think i do got the trans out of a t type and i dont have a posi rear

If you have the Y fitting on your vacuum line between the WG solenoid, WG actuator and compressor housing installed wrong....it'll cause this.
Guess how I know....;)

Look here for the correct installation.
Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A

And those wastegate solenoids go bad without notice. You could check that with a known good one. When mine went out,I turned the rod all the way in and could only get 10 lbs like you described