One way this site can save bandwidth is...

Status
Not open for further replies.

94SupraTT

1. Get the GZIP option to work.

THIS SITE'S GZIP OPTION IS NOT WORKING. click to see proof

Just trying to help out. I know a ton of members are upset about the cutbacks that have been made. This may help. I know with my forum the #1 bandwidth hog it the attachments.php soon avatar that is the avatar.php. Why not give members some leeway and GET THE GZIP function working on this site.

Originally posted by 94SupraTT
1. Get the GZIP option to work.
Just trying to help out.

Your help is greatly apprecaited, but why not e-mail us your suggestions like we asked in the last post about this? No sense in making a post about it when e-mail will do just fine and we will probably take notice of it sooner.

I know a ton of members are upset about the cutbacks that have been made.

For the very last time, there have been NO "cutbacks" made. ZERO.

This may help. I know with my forum the #1 bandwidth hog it the attachments.php

Since we do not do not allow attachments here (for MANY reasons), it is not a problem.

[/B][/QUOTE]Why not give members some leeway[/B][/QUOTE]

Leeway? For what? So they can make their sigs a mile long? :confused:

and GET THE GZIP function working on this site.

Look, like I said, we appreciate the help and the suggestions, we really do and I will have Chris (the "admin" part of this site) take a look at this thread. Although with his 14 years of system administration experience, I can safely say he REALLY knows what he is doing.

However, it might not be a fair to compare your site to mine. No offense at all intended, but the numbers are worlds apart. When you get into the member and post numbers that we have, coupled with the necessary business-class hosting, it is a whole different ball game. Like I said, worlds apart. We aren't the biggest site on earth, but it is big enough to make us groan and scratch our heads when the hosting bill arrives.

With a little luck and more work than you can predict, your site will be the size this one is and only then will you understand the position we are in.

Re: Re: One way this site can save bandwidth is...

Originally posted by JasonD
With a little luck and more work than you can predict, your site will be the size this one is and only then will you understand the position we are in.

Thank you. I have been up less then a month :D 250 members in less then a month is not too shabby if you ask me :D

I asked you nicely LAST time to take it to e-mail - yet you still continue. I'm afraid this will be your last warning.

Status
Not open for further replies.